Notice the lovely sunset?? Why do we miss so many of these beautiful displays God gives to us everyday? This one was worth watching! It only lasts but for a minute at times, I sometimes think I'll do this or that first, then I'll go watch the sunset, but that never works for me because by the time I get to it a few minutes later, it already has changed it's setting.
Last night it was really late before my Little's were in bed! With Dave gone time just totally gets away from me, we have been getting to bed much later then usual! I guess he is really good for me and because of him I get more rest...:) Sometimes I get frustrated that his work schedule gets us to bed so early on Summer nights, but I sure have been dragging my feet in the mornings around here since he's gone, I don't like it that way either...:)
We are waiting his return here at any time.
Last night after all the kids were in bed I stood on the porch and watched God's amazing "Light Show"!! If we as a people were to try to get a light show together like that, it would cost so much money! And would still never compare! The moon was full and yet the low lingering clouds were lighting up all around me! One cloud to my left would blink and light up with amazing colors and that quick it was to the middle then to the right of me!! Over and over again!! So beautiful! Only something from God could have looked so lovely! It was like he was speaking through the clouds... We wonder what he was saying to us...? Anyway I sure enjoyed the show until about eleven o'clock on the balcony! It was a perfect ending to my "tad stressful" day.
We got out of the house for church this morning. I was so happy to see and feel the freshness of the morning as the overnight rains brought cooler temps. I got out for a short run before church and the air was so refreshing!
I find it a bit hard to take my kids to church without Daddy, but why ever would I stay home? I so enjoyed the service and we got to church earlier then we do if Daddy is here...:) Justin thought it funny that I woke him twenty minutes later then usual (Dave always does the Sunday morning wake up calls:}) yet we were still earlier for church... Out of routine sometimes is good for me...:) We really miss Dave when he is away over a week-end!
Some thoughts I have been pondering from today's service...
If we seek the things of this world we are giving up our eternity in Heaven.
What would we give in exchange for our soul?? It really is that serious. What is our "Life" here compared to eternity?? A vapor! A teeny tiny grain of sand compared to our eternal destiny!
How much time do we give to the work of the Lord?? Are we willing to give up pleasure for the moment to be more affective to win souls for Christ?
We need to lay aside our natural fleshly desires to serve others as did Christ. Selfishness always affect others... Why is this so hard to get in my head?
We live among a people that glorify busyness: We have made time a tyrant that controls our lives.
Even if we know our Savior we tend to march to the tempo of the world. We have bought into the illusion that more is always better: more meetings, more programs, more activity.
Jesus has called us to follow him on a solitary path, making time alone with him our HIGHEST priority and DEEPEST JOY. Let us chose this pathway that can never be taken away from us. As we walk close to our savior he can bless others through us...
Great thoughts to ponder as we start a new week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A new baby in the Zook family?? Maybe?? Prayers are apprieciated!!
Dave and Rose have been asked by a sick, helpless, heartbroken mother to care for her baby boy....
I understand he is nine months old and weighs only seven pounds! The poor baby boy is in a hospital right now and Dave's are able to go to visit him. His mother has HIV so this baby will need tests done to see if he is a carrier as well. Please join in prayer against this, as this would complicate things tremendously.
I'm sure it is heartbreaking to see this baby like this and so under nourished. With the right care these babies can turn around fast! Please pray for Dave and Rose and this Little guy! I have not heard a name yet or when he might be joining Dave and Rose's family? I'll update as I know more but for now we can send prayers towards Africa for them...
Have a Blessed new week...


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment