I can feel the "Seasonal" spirit in the air...:) With Thanksgiving around the corner, then Christmas after that it seems to me that when the calender takes us into November the feeling in the air just changes a bit, it brings an excitement to the air. I just want to SLOW DOWN and enjoy every minute of these great seasons!
Thanksgiving- so much we have to be thankful for!! The blessings are endless!
Christmas- celebrate the birth of our Savior! Without the plan of Christmas we would be a lost bunch.
Whatever "Summer" things we were trying to hold on to just got shoved aside by November!
It is a very windy and colder day here today. I was out blowing some leaves just simply because the wind was blowing in my favor and I just blew them out of the corners and the wind then picked them up from there and carried them off...:)! I think I will do more yard work tomorrow though if the wind dies down but hopefully all the leaves will be blown away and I can just mow....:) I do think the leaves are really pretty though but just much nicer in other peoples yards or in the woods...:}
This is Justin today...!! I got Jordan to sneak me a picture...:)
I have been watching him practice this portable tree stand from my kitchen window off and on all day today! He is planning to go with my dad and brother Allen to Potter County tonight and he needed to know how to use one of these stands for his hunting day tomorrow! I don't think he is real comfortable with it yet and I hope dad won't let him hanging out there in the woods alone.!!
Jordan was out helping him with this thing for a while. Justin lost his bungee strap one time and asked Jordan to look if it's down under the tree somewhere. He is then looking for his bungee strap when all of the sudden he looks directly up at Justin and says "I don't care if you fall but just not right now!"
He also had to hand up the bottom part once when it came rushing down leaving Justin hanging on to the top! Thankfully he was not to far off the ground that Jordan couldn't reach it back up for him to just jump down on it!.
We had an Amish wedding yesterday and the food was again amazing! This was Dave's cousin Manny's wedding so it was fun to see more familiar faces at this one. I got in a five mile run in in the morning and the kids were home from school to so we had an out of routine fun and cozy start to our day yesterday. It was raining to. (started raining sideways minutes after I got back from my run! Whew!!) The kids had a warm cozy pj day indoors here while we went to the wedding. They tear it up playing ball in the basement right now and this is what we found them doing when we got home from the wedding...:)
I made a one pot meal for Justin last night to take to the cabin and also some cookies... I love being in the kitchen and I find myself there every chance I get...:) I'd love to be a mouse with Justin at the mountains with dad and Allen, I'm sure he will have a blast!!
Dave is in Massachusetts at his annual Equine Horse Show. He left at three o'clock AM for the seven hour drive!! He is set up outdoors every year so we usually pray for warmer, nice weather way up there in the North! He has come home from this show many times with a sore throat and a cold! He said it is "bone chilly" up there today!! He took a small crock pot of the same one pot dish I made for Justin and he said that he really enjoyed that warm pot over the show food at lunch time today!
Thinking of you up there Hon and we hope you have a great worthwhile/successful show!
The cleaning got done here this morning (thanks Rachel Ann!) We shooed the kids to the basement while we wiped floors...:) We are used to being all alone on Friday mornings right now so this was different again to work around the kids...:)
I have been slowly going through drawers, cupboards and closets in my bathroom and bedroom. De cluttering and organizing feels great once it's all done but it's so not my most favored job. I have a few things for sale... I'm planning to face book some stuff. Maybe you want them?? I'll post pictures at the end of this post and if you are interested leave me a comment...
I took the kids to Wegman's for lunch today. Love this place!! We had not been down for a few months and I forgot how much...:) We got some groceries for the week-end, (lot's of fruit and veggies mostly) we then made a stop at the library on the way back home and we got lots of books and a few movies.
Javon was out of school again today because he is still full of cold. (plus his siblings were home from school, he didn't want to leave with them home) I think it will be a cozy movie night here for us tonight...:)
With my dad being away Mom plans to hang out here with us and Sis Marilyn is off for an anniversary date overnight so her three boys are here as well.... Sounds like a party for sure and my kids are so happy to have cousins spend the night!...:)
I have been trying to drink a large glass of lemon water (warm) every morning before breakfast for some time now but I still only get it done a few times a week. Why is this so hard to make a habit out of?? It sounds like the benefits are amazing, and I know they are from the days that I do do this. After seeing this today I think I will try even harder to do this EVERY morning... But it still seems to go against what my taste buds want first thing in the morning...:/
Here are a few things that are on my pile of sale items...
Jordan's iPod... 4th generation, 8 GB, touch screen. Perfect condition.(in original box) 80. obo
This cabinet is a wall mount. It's like a shaving cabinet thing. Has a shelf inside. Great condition! Maybe for a bathroom? Also has a mirror with light fixture above it, that piece would mount on top of this piece. (no picture of this piece yet because sis Marilyn thought she wanted that mirror piece and she still has it but can't use it after all.) 35$ obo
I got this the year I did the holly trail... It's a great time of year to be advertising this piece so if you want it snatch it up...:) It is beautiful but to large and splashy for me... I don't have the ideal spot for this set or it would most defiantly go on display here.
This set has a back setting room type thing. Three wise men, a shepherd with a few sheep, an angle, a donkey, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus, a few trees. Baby Jesus had his head glued back on after he took a spill but you would never know it. 30$ obo
A few more closer ups...
New News as I type......
Jordan came rushing in from his hunt and said he has a dead buck laying in the field!! I'll be back later with his story and pictures!!...:) Of course when Daddy is out!!!
+2.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment