Saturday, November 2, 2013

Me A Hunter!?? Anything Goes...:)

Well I guess I can now say I'm an official hunter!??


Not so sure I will ever get my use out of this new "Hunter Safety" card I got today and I know I will never get the day back again but I guess at least I have this card if I ever need it for anything...:)

This was me at eight o'clock this morning... A latte and lots of hunter books... To be my place for the next SEVEN hours!!...:)

Justin and Jordan both passed the test so the day was well worth it. Now they can get hunting license for the next many years...:)

We started the day off with warm baked oatmeal, a banana and I made three lattes before we were out the door at seven thirty. Dave went out for a morning hunt so we were both up early. Thanks to Rachel Ann for having Javon for the night and Sis Marilyn for having Jenika for the night. It was nice not to have to get them up early and to a sitter.

Dave had warned me about possible hot dogs for the provided lunch so to be safe I packed my own. I asked the boys if they want me to pack one for them but they said no they will chance the lunch...:) This as my lunch on the right and Jordan's on the left today for the lunch break...:)
They did want to trade with me but other then sharing my fruit and pumpkin pie I said "No Way!" :)

Dave picked up Jenika after his morning hunt and took her for her birthday breakfast. She was looking forward to that because she loves pancakes at Dutch-Way's breakfast bar! They took a walk in the woods checking tree stands and she went with him to the gun shop and a few other stops.

Jenika got to spend some "Tina Time" to after her morning with her daddy. ~thanks Marilyn!~  He was here at home with her but I guess he was boring so she went to hang with Tina...:)
We Love living next door to family...:)

The day was lovely and I would have loved to be working in the yard but I was out until dark last evening winterizing another corner of the back yard, so we should be good with maybe one more day out back before the winterizing is complete here...:) The cleaning was done and the laundry was caught up yesterday and sitting with the boys today was kind of relaxing. I was glad it was a Saturday and other then missing my long Saturday morning run (and yard work, which can easily wait) we didn't have to much on the agenda for today anyway...:)

Jordan was extremely antsy sitting all day today!! I wonder if he is this restless in school at his desk??? I might need to visit school??

 I was taking many notes and paying close attention (since Dave told me you have to be "pretty dumb" to fail!) I most certainly did not want to fail this test! I wrote many things down! I thought I could go back to my notes if need be so I wrote down what seemed important, I figured I would need to help Jordan in the end with his test because he was so not paying attention!

The last hour was a time of sharing for the game commission and the preparing for the test was over at this point, we were going to take the test when the long winded game commissioner was done with his speech. I handed my notes over to Jordan and told him to study them... My notes were things we were told were going to be in the test! It was a good thing I did this because him studying those notes saved his neck...:) When it came down to the test we were not allowed any notes, no talking or helping each other at all! Jordan was on his own!! He was so nervous at first but he passed...:) He had nine answers wrong and the limit was twelve!

Justin had three wrong and I had four... The parts of the muzzle loader got both of us...:/

This afternoon was to late to start anything so we were just lazy... Jenika's pony just wanted to lay down, we figured maybe her and Tina fed it to much today so she and Javon walked and walked him while Dave and the older boys went out hunting...

They came back from the barn cold and tired of walking the pony so I took my turn walking him. Every time I took him back to the barn he was determined to lay down! So we walked and walked some more...until dark (like an hour and a half we were walking him!) It was good exercise for me after sitting all day but I was sick of walking this guy!!

Dave comes in from hunting after dark and I ask him to take his turn walking... What did he say???... "Oh he is probably just tired"  just put him in the stall and let him lay down!! What??? I have only been out walking him the whole time you were out hunting!! He then put him in the stall and I guess he is now laying down because he was tired!!??? Poor pony was tired even before I made him do all that walking!!!??  The last time he lay down I could just hardly make him get up again!...? He is really old and maybe he is really just tired?? He will probably just lay down for good one of these times??

We are just enjoying an evening at home... The party sounds like it's in the basement so I'm off to join in...

I thought this 21st century thing was interesting...

Have a great week-end...

 It is now November...Time changes tonight and we gain an hour... Not sure I'm ready for long evenings yet but here goes... Ready or not we better change the clocks...Wow that happened fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment