What is there to do but totally hang out and enjoy the season?? Jonathan and Marilyn's family were here with us until late last night... chatting, playing games and a late night movie were all part of the snowed in fun! The kids were playing in the piles of snow even in the dark and it was beautiful to watch the more snow fall last night, we had the outdoor lights on just so we could watch it from the windows...:)
What to do today?? I figured I'd make a special valentine supper but Dave made it to an Amish shop worker wedding today (postponed from yesterday!) and those meals are the best and there is no way he will be hungry for a special supper so I'll just play in the snow with the kids...:) This gets me exercise, fresh air plus the fun off hanging out with the kids all at the same time!...:) Jen and I built a wall fort while the guys dug a tunnel...
I forgot how fun it was playing in the snow and it's even more fun since it got warmer today.
We were happy to see the neighbor show up to dig us back open again!! I'm sure they are never thrilled about opening up our drive since we are a half mile back in here plus the drive tends to drift shut very soon again if we have any wind at all!... Sam (BIL) opened us up yesterday and we pretty much blew shut overnight! I was glad we had no school because I don't think I would have been getting my van out of the garage this morning even with a two hour delay!
As long as these snow piles last around here I'm sure the kids will take advantage of them with hours of snow fun!... We are so enjoying this winter and I think we have more snow coming tonight!! Not as much but still a few more inches to add to the already big piles!! We are not looking forward to the sloppy mess this will create when thawing out! It sounds like this will take place next week with temps heading up towards the fifties again!!
Spring time will bring with it lots of clean up so we are trying to enjoy the last bit of winter here before all the outdoor work starts... like the part where we are in PJ's for days in a row and never go anywhere! The games, puzzles, books, and bracelet making are all still going strong here. We love that we can add outdoor snow fun to!!
I'm sure Javon will probably one day chew me out for having him in pink snow pants on these winter pictures but hey they are in great shape and fit him perfectly! I had a black pair for him but they got to short the last few weeks and just wanted to slide up, he was getting snow in his boots. He will take pink over that! I could tell by the time number four came along that you just make do with what you got...:) Poor guy was in pink bath towles as a newborn so he's gotten used to it I guess...:) It makes it easy now that his older sister does not appreciate pink because now I can buy her blue (since it's her favorite) and he will be done with this pink stuff...:)
Do you have a valentine date planned? I love that I have that special someone in my life to share the valentine date with every year! It makes me look at the many BLESSINGS that God has blessed me with since sending this man into my life 20 years ago, one to share my heart with! I love that he loves me and shows it to me everyday. I love how he provides for his family with confidence, I love how he loves the kids! He is such a great dad and gets down to their level all the time, he just has a blast with them! We often do a valentine date night out but we don't often do it on valentines day. We like to go out and either beat the crowd or wait until the rush is over....:) One way or another we like to take this day and reflect back to how we met and all that we have been through together.
I once asked a young widow friend of mine what she would say she misses the most about her husband? Her answer was to feel that tender touch of love and also to share her stories of and about the children. Who else cares if the baby got a new tooth that day or that they said the dearest thing. Who else understands when we have had a bad day at parenting and we just need to share it with their daddy.
I want to cherish the God given love that I feel for my husband and not take for granted for one day that he has a God given love for me and for his family.
Happy Valentines Day...






.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment