Saturday, February 22, 2014
We LOVE Sunny Saturday's!
We love Saturdays here at our house!! The day is just always more slow paced and we enjoy the kids home from school. (especially if the weather is so great!) Today is just beautiful! The skies are true blue and the temps require only a light jacket! The snow is melting but we have so much that we still get to enjoy it with the warmer temps!
Dave and I were heading out for our run this morning and Jordan being the only child awake, (as usual for this early) came to the kitchen window to ask "What is that in the back yard tree?" I looked out and saw this big thing up in the tree! I said I think it's a cat but he wasn't convinced so he took off out the garage door with his gun in hand! He saw it was a coon and he took a few cracks then he fell from the tree. Jordan was chasing after him and another good shot had him dead!...
The commotion woke Jenika so she went along outside to check out this big coon to!...
We heard Mia barking last night and I figure she treed this thing up in our one lonely tree right outside my kitchen window! Not sure why the thing didn't come down before dawn but I think his belly was full of casserole I had outside the back door and he was probably comfy up there until Jordan came along...:} The squirrels don't stand a chance around here either with these big boys and there guns!
We got a five mile run in after the coon action but we should have waited another hour! The roads were so icy! I had to walk a few times just to keep myself on my feet and Dave wiped out like he hasn't in years! He was even walking at the time but the ice had his legs shooting into the sky as he lost control and came down on his elbow! He was bleeding a bit but he is fine...:)
Allen was here overnight and we so enjoyed him! The Little's had story time with him this morning...
He is such a great guy! He washed supper dishes last night while I was out! Jordan said "I kept telling him we have a dishwasher but he washed them anyway!" The Little's enjoy him so much and the ping pong games were going between him and the big boys last night when we got in! I hope you come again Allen, We loved having you!!
Mark is here to!! Why do we love Saturdays?? This is some of it...
These guys are enjoying the warmer temps! They went to school to play basket ball for awhile and went hunting for birds!
We got Jordan on the scale this morning again. One pound down making eighteen now! I figured it would slow down soon and I'm good with this! He had a great week even though it involved some really hard moments at school! It has been tough but he is so brave! Yesterday was "Prayer Partner" day and they exchanged lunches. I packed four lunches yesterday....One for each prayer partner then Jordan's. He loves to see others enjoy food even though he can't have it!!
The other evening he made the Little's each a cute small warm brownie sundae! I said "Jordan don't do that to yourself" He said "Well at least they can enjoy it for me!" He made them pancakes for breakfast this morning while we were running then he made oatmeal for himself.
We have gotten somewhat used to his diet and it has been good for all of us! I'm so glad it's winter time though and we don't have to much going. I cringe to think of summer bar-b-q's and parties while on such a strict diet! He seems to do great as long as we are in routine but as soon as I mention baking something for any reason he like "Oh No!" I haven't baked much of anything since he started the cleanse...
Last night's seminar was educational.
It was confirmed that diet change is a must for better health or even for a healing journey to begin! I feel good about the road we have chosen for Jordan.
I think many people would benefit from the type of blood test that was recommended to sick people last evening. Checking ALL parts of the body as a whole is what this Doctor does. One certain specialist will look at only what he specializes in and give a medication which puts a "band aid" on that one certain thing, this guy looks at all the parts and helps pin point the real problem, then he helps start a healing process that can sometimes take years to repair!! God had created our bodies in an amazing way and he has not created us to be on Antibiotics so much!
I'm off to help Dave hang curtains in the Parksburg Apartments...
Enjoy the Lovely Saturday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment