Jenika's class had "Sibling Day"! Javon was looking forwards to this day as soon as Jen told him it will be coming up! He got up nicely with the others this morning, we packed his lunch and he took his back pack to.
Even though he was the youngest one off this morning I still spent more time with Jenika then him! She takes "pretty long" to get dressed, her breakfast eaten, hair combed, words studied, winter clothes packed and back pack stuffed and zipped! The boys were constantly on her for the first months of school to "hurry up"! They have finally learned that she just takes longer and she will eventually get all ready even if it is just seconds before the door closes behind us all as we head off to school!! It is going better and better and the routine is fairly relaxing now, I love mornings in the kitchen with my kids...:)
I snuck into the classroom before lunch to snap a few pictures of them...:) My ALONE day flew! I heard this day was coming up awhile back and I figured I'd do my own quiet thing on this siblings day when it came, but time has a way of sneaking up and I forgot until last evening that today was this sibling day.
Marilyn and I went to clean mom's house this morning since Allen was still using it while they were in Florida the last two weeks! They plan to come home this weekend and we all love to come home to a clean house so we gave hers a good going over today... Allen does a great job but it still needed that woman's touch...;)
I do not pity those that were in the South to come back to the cold but I'm kind of glad it's not me this time...:) I went through it back in January and it does shock the bodies a bit when returning to this frigidness!! We have very cold temps again and it looks like another good dose of snow is headed our way for next week!! We are hoping no more snow days off of school but next week does not look to promising.
Dave tries to get a documentary movie watched with the family once a month. This was ours for this month...
I think all Americans need to watch this! I have it in my library if you want to borrow it! It is a "Health" movie and it's really worth watching, for sure if you are trying to, or want to live a healthier lifestyle! It was so good for the big boys to watch this. Jordan has a new appreciation for "Real Food" now and he was amazed at some of the facts brought out in this DVD!
The boys still faithfully do a "chapter a day" book report but on the evenings that we watch a documentary they get to skip the book reports. They are still not really at the point where they enjoy the book reports but we are hoping they will be one day... Justin is doing a report on "The Slight Edge" His reports have me thinking I will be reading this book next. It sounds full of everyday practical good stuff that we all could use!
This is Jordan's... This is a well worn book around here...
This is my latest thing...
After much time spent reading up on and researching these "in fad" oils I finally gave in. I sometimes think Lancaster County goes overboard with the latest new "fad" From bags, to baskets, to health products that seem to be a fix for everything it seems we are just quick to jump for stuff like this in our community. I took awhile and after a few oil presentations and research I have come to the conclusion that theses oils really are GREAT!
The oils are from "Young Living" and yes there is an oil for almost anything that ails you! They have been used for ages and they come from plants. They go well with all the health research I have been doing in the past few months! Even to just use them as a prevention if you are perfectly healthy is great to!
Jenika was especially excited to see these oils coming in the mail, her teacher "Miss Fisher" has the whole line of oils and uses them at school for the children and she also runs the diffuser. The smell in the room when the diffuser is running is amazing! Jenika seems to know more about these oils then I do and she insists on running the diffuser in her room while she sleeps!...:) I am now signed up and plan to put in a monthly order, if you know about these oils or want to research and try them but don't want to sign up contact me and I will gladly order for you.
Jordan has had a few skin areas break open this week... We are not sure what is causing this, he has went down into yet an even smaller pant size and is even still using a belt this week! He seems to feel great, his snotting has stopped completely. I no longer find those tissues laying around his bed in the morning! I no longer hear him bouncing that small ball in the bathroom because the process just takes so long!:) He is now in and right back out! We are excited to see such a big change for the better just from changing his diet. I'm kind of nervous to ever even go back to introducing those certain foods back to his body. Yet when we talk about just keeping him on his cleanse diet he don't want to hear it and who can blame him...:} We tease him about it sometimes...:) We are really proud of him and he has been a real champ through it all so far! His CHOP appointment is next week and we are anxious to check the blood levels. We are praying to eventually be done with his "Monthly Gamaplex Infusions" but it could still be a long process yet... baby steps... baby steps... baby steps...:)
We are so BLESSED!!




No comments:
Post a Comment