As I think of the many reasons I Love being a "Mom" my heart just swells with an overwhelming feeling of "Blessing"! My kids are the greatest and I love each one of them more then words could say! They keep me young and give me a desire to be all that I can be for them!
I love random days where we really don't know where the day will take us, we just have fun being together.
Games and Puzzles are a highlight here, teaching them names and phone numbers, (right now we are working on Grandparents full names:)) addresses and songs! I sing all the time, I love when I start singing a song and all of the sudden I'll stop and let them keep going with it, me never even remembering that I taught them that song! They just pick it up without me realizing. How many more things are there that they pick up without me realizing?? Some maybe not so good habits of mine that they pick up?? God's grace does cover and I'm ever thankful because I do mess up daily. Every day is a new chance to make a choice to do better then the day before...:)
I love that I get to be the one here with my children on a daily bases. I can teach, and learn along with them everyday. I consider it a "HUGE Blessing" to be a homemaker!! Today the world is so fast paced and many Mothers need to go to work many days! It sometimes seems to be just a "homemaker" could sound boring or noneducational to many! I also believe there are many Mothers that would love to be at home with there children yet are not able. We need to pray for our next generation of children for the fact that they have absent moms and dads. Nobody loves children like Mothers~!
" Lord"... guide us Mothers so we can in return help guide our children back to you!
I'm so Thankful God is on our side as we raise children for him!
I heard a story yesterday...
An Amish man in Ohio wanted to go watch his son play basketball on a league, yet it was really not appropriate for him to be seen at this game "for church reasons" yet it was the last game in the finals and he figured he'd sit way in the back so nobody notices him.
His Son had his best game ever and the score kept going back and forth in this really close game. This Father was sitting at the edge of his seat as the time was running out. The Son came in just in time to score the winning points and the Father just couldn't help himself, he jumped way up out of his seat and shouted really loud!! (I'll try dutch) "Sel iss my boo! Sel iss my boo!" Meaning... That's my Son! That's my Son!!
The meaning behind the story, was that maybe that is God up in heaven when we say "NO" to temptation, he is shouting in a proud way... That's my Son! That's my Son!
I learn right along with my children in this thing called "Motherhood" and though challenging at times I wouldn't trade it for anything!
The ages and stages of my children are all fun, yet they bring new challenges at different levels. I want to be open to let my children become who they were really created to be, not who I want them to be. I find this a challenge that does not come easy. They all require my time and relating to them all in there own way is sometimes not easy to figure out. I want them to know I mess up all the time. They have been so gracious to be quick to forgive me... I love my Kids!!
Happy Mother's Day!!
To my children... I love being your Mother!! You give me many happy moments in a days time!! You brighten my days and shower me with love. I love serving as your Mother! I enjoy meeting you all in the kitchen every morning! You are all a blessing to me in so many different ways!
Javon... I love how you came to me the other day and you were holding what you call a "wish flower" (the dandelion blow kind) and you asked me.... Momma what do you wish to be?? I said "I wish to be your Momma". You said "No you already are my Momma". Do you want to be a Princess?? I said sure I'd love to be a Princess! You said to me ...OK, then here blow, as you held out the flower for me to blow. You melted my heart on the spot!
Jenika... I love how you remind me to lighten up and enjoy life more everyday!! You said to me the other day... Mom Miss Sadie told me at school that when I feel tempted to do bad things like sin, to just close my eyes and "Think, Pray, Say NO and go Away!" I loved that and have thought of it quite often since then!
Jordan... I love how you love life and are so carefree. You deal with so many allergies and I really wonder if you even know what it feels like to feel 100% . I often see you putting drops in your eyes or just living with tissues beside you, yet you never complain. You teach me patience. You will ask me many times a day, questions that I wonder "What does it matter?" yet I have come to enjoy answering you the best that I can. You want to know... What are we doing tomorrow?? What time will we go?? Are we doing something this week end?? How about after school tomorrow? You just like to be prepared and you do not appreciate when things don't go as planned. (you get it from me!) Routine is your best friend, I love that about you. You have a huge heart for the Little's. I appreciate your help around the house with them and how you will help me in the kitchen to. (you are really good at it to!) Your heart for others challenges me.
Justin... You have grown in so many ways this past year! I love how responsible you are. You have taught me, I really am more clueless at mothering a teenager then I could have imagined. I have learnt to just walk along beside you and learn as we go.:) You are more like a young man. You like your privacy. You are often in deep conversations with your Dad. I know you are asking him life questions. I'm so thankful for your Dad!! I see that this age needs a father figure more then any other stage so far! I love the chats we have at bedtime!! I love laying on your bed with you, looking out at the moon, listening to you tell me about your day! I love how you teach me how imperfect I am. You challenge me in my Christian walk. You know your Bible so well. You have self discipline and that will take you far. I love that about you! You wake early to work and you never once complain. {probably because it was your choice...:)} You are a party around here!! You add most of the craziness to the other kids because they watch you! You make fun happen just by being you...:)
I love you all so much and I thank God for blessing my life with each of you!!
Also... Happy Mothers Day to my own Mom!! I appreciate the things you have done for me now more then ever. I realize the importance of raising up Godly children. I'm so thankful that God has given me a Mother that has shown me what love is. You are a wonderful Grandmother to my children and we are very blessed to have you as a huge part in our lives!
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment