Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Life of a Child..

The life of a child seems so easy sometimes...:)

Do my kids have any idea how truly blessed they are? They did not choose to be born into a family where they feel love and can live such a carefree life. They love life and I love to see them love life!

As I seen on the news the other day, a six year old, has been held captive all her life! No school , no friends, no church... How sad! She did not choose that either. Why do some children need to go through so much suffering in there young lives? When children lack love at a young age they have a very rough life ahead of them!

Last evening we read in our devotions Ecclesiastes 11, the very last verse concerned Jordan to the point of question... Ecclesiastes 11:10 reads... Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.

We looked up vanity and it means... pride, vain, in other words "pointless"? Jordan was confused so I looked into it more and this is what I got out of the study Bible... We often hear people say "it doesn't matter" But many of your choices will be irreversible-they will stay with you for a lifetime. What you do when you are young does matter. Enjoy life now, but don't do anything physically, morally, or spiritually that will prevent you from enjoying life when you are old. It brought a better closing to devotions when I searched it out more.

The kids bring joyful tears to my eyes often as I watch them play and enjoy life...(I'm an emotional girl) :) Not in a bad way I just tear up very easily. It comes from my Dad...:)

I have always wanted to protect my children from anything bad or evil. I hate conflict of any kind.  As the mother of a teenager I'm finding this a bit more challenging. It seems the devil works so hard to get at the teenagers and me being there to always protect, is not an option anymore. I am not the one who can make choices for my teenager anymore. I need to trust God that my teen is ready and equipped to face the devil head on. The letting go is important but I find the prayers become more earnest...:)


The bread is baking here this morning. I got a four and a half mile run in this morning (such lovely running weather!) It is more of an indoor day for us here today . I hope to get out to the garden later to plant more seeds though.

It's hard for me to be indoors on such a nice day but the laundry has gotten out of control! (my family is living out of the laundry room!) My bread baking was way over due! I have supper ready to put in... Chicken, veggies and fresh bread. Dave showed me a "salted caramel sour cream cake" recipe last evening he saw somewhere and wants me to try it. I guess I'll give it a shot for dessert tonight. (I'll tweak it a bit) I have not baked anything for weeks~! For the sweet tooth it's been chocolate chips or ice cream...:}

The flower beds are mulched and got there first hoeing yesterday. The garden is hoed up and ready for more seeds, the yard and edges got a fresh cut yesterday, I tried to find more things to do outside because that's where I like to be, but the odds were stacked up against me today with the house work backing up on me...:)

I did enjoy throwing pitches to my Little's for awhile this morning though...:)


As much as we have tried too get him to be right handed, it's now official... He's a lefty:)

You would think since Jenika is the leader here and can pretty much choose the games and Javon just follows, she would choose doll or something girly...? Not this girl! She just can't help it! She loves action to much to play pretend stuff! She never was one to play "make believe" She likes the real deal. The wilder, the faster, the better for her to!! I love them!!...:)

Here I caught her drinking the last of her ice cream after lunch...:) Soaking up the sun as she eats...:)
They have been outside all day!! Javon just came in and said... Jen is stuck in my basketball net thing so I'm getting her a pillow and blanket so she can just sleep in the thing!! I look out the window and sure enough there she is struggling to get out of the basketball hoop thing that's laying over! There he goes with her pillow, blanket and teddy!!:)  I wonder what they would do without each other??  They are the sunshine of my days and life would be so boring without them!

We are also looking forward to having school over! 8 more days!! Justin is faithful at the shop before and after school so he is looking forward to full time out there. Jordan loves the Summer off doing nothing more then helping me around the house. He wants to do some small jobs at the shop a few days a week this Summer to.

I'm off to my kitchen... Lunch break is over...:)




No comments:

Post a Comment