Sunday, May 5, 2013

ENJOYING Spring!!!

My phone has been lost or set on the shelf, (sorry if you can't reach me!) my emails are now in the hundreds that need looked at, my computer felt strange as I got on just now! We have been so ENJOYING this lovely Spring weather we are being blessed with! We could use the rain but we are enjoying this so much we haven't prayed for rain just yet...:)

We have been busy here this week, everyday we get into the showers very dirty and tired! The work is fun though and I think with this lovely weather it's called "playing" instead of working...:)

Justin had a fun night out with his class after school on Friday. The class stayed after school then the parents were invited for an evening of baseball. The Dads against the boys...:) It was chilly to sit and watch but the ones playing and doing the running didn't seem to mind.
                                                       Here is Justin up to bat...
 
Saturday was a fun day! Dave took the older boys off to work at 6 o'clock then the need for groceries in my kitchen got me and the Little's out to meet up with the guys for breakfast at Dutch-way! It was a huge treat for me not to have to clean up breakfast dishes!:)  The guys went back to work while the Little's and I went yard sailing and grocery shopping...:) Jenika begs me to take her yard sailing but I hate to get her up early. Since the boys were out I wasn't able to go early so I just decided to make it fun for the Little's and go late...:) They loved it and couldn't believe they got to pick something at so many places!
 
Jenika got the most yard sale goodies... She came home with two new dresses, a pair of dress sandals, a new teddy bear and a small castle dressing table with a chair for her room. She wanted more things and there at one time I wasn't sure she was even enjoying herself! She was pouting so bad about the things she couldn't have she wasn't even enjoying the things she already got!:) It was a good learning experience for her and I'm glad we got out to go. Javon got a wiffle ball bat and that's pretty much it. He was happy with just that!:) The two are so different!! He is such a pleasant layed back shopper and she is known to be a disastrous shopper but she is learning and doing better!:) I just learnt to not take her with when I go but I don't think that's the best way either!
 
Dave and I both napped in the sun for about an hour Saturday then we spread some more mulch and wood chips. We had Jonathan's down for campfire in the evening. It was fun to be together. We live so close and the kids spend so much time together but it can go weeks before we see each other for real...:)
 
This morning was lovely again and it was the first that Dave and I had our running shoes out this week! I have worked so much around here outdoors this week, I didn't take the time or save the energy to run at all this week! It was four miles this morning and it felt good again. Hoping to keep the shoes out of the closet this next week!
 
We had a great time in our Sunday School class once again today. We were invited to host lunch which is always a huge treat! Thanks Abby and Lydia!! We dropped in on old friends after that since we were driving right by there house...:) It was so good to chat with you Elmer and Jolene!! I love your family, it was great to see you and your boys again!! This evening we are having a campfire and making mountain pies on the back porch... I walked around and snapped a few pictures this evening. I love the green popping out everywhere!! The days have been so sunny with blue skies yet a chilly bite to the air! Perfect!!
Our property in the Spring...

This fish pond/waterfall take time and care but it's my favorite spot here! I love the sound of the falls and seeing the birds drink and bath in it is so much fun. I keep thinking I want to teach one of the boys how to care for, and keep this thing clean but it's been worth the work so far! Maybe this summer I'll hand it off to Jordan,:)

This is a hasta plant that was given to me in memory of my friend Marty, she passed away last summer. I planted it late summer, I thought it died. These plants like shade but here we hardly have any so I put it near the pond thinking it might like the damp ground. It went dead (or so I thought) so I pulled it out and threw it away. I planted another grass type thing here but just this week I saw it peek through! I must not have gotten the root or something! I think of Marty and her family every time I look at it now. I hope it likes it here after all...:)

The row of Lillies got wood chips this year to try to keep the weeds down better. They are looking healthy and are so pretty once they show there colors!...

The gardens are pretty much full, I have spent hours here already! I love gardening and can't wait to eat fresh veggies!
 
 My family enjoying the back porch this evening...
 
 
Javon loves the outdoors and we are loving to be able to spend more time outside!! He loves to be pushed on the swing, be jumped with, four wheeler rides by his brothers is definitely the highlight of his days!...
 
One sunny afternoon this week I was working on the mulch pile,  I put the Little's to work washing the old car...:) They took a REALLY long time at it and scrubbed and probably scratched the paint...:/ They used all my pine sol and when that was all I saw they mixed miracle grow into there water and scrubbed with that yet!!

This next week looks fun and busy with school activities going on. I go with Justin's class to Philly to tour the city next week one day. I'm driving and not at all a city driver so I might need prayers for that day! I also need a place for my Little's for that day. If you want them for the day message me,,,:) My Rachel Ann works that day and my Mom does to...

My family is enjoying the lovely evening outside without me so I'm off to join them... Have a blessed evening. I hope you are all enjoying the blessing of lovely weather as much as we are!


Somebody just called up the steps... Elmer and Jolene are coming!!! For campfire!!! Dave invited them to come when we stopped in today but it wasn't really finalized!! Off for a fun chat and hang out with great friends...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment