We have low 70's here with blue skies and the white puffy clouds that hang low!...:) We are loving Summer with the taste of Autumn in the air. August always brings a very busy month for us, most years on my birthday day (which is the very last day of August) I sigh a big sigh of ~grateful blessings~ for all we have accomplished in August. It seems to be the month we want to squeeze everything in quick yet, it slows up some for Dave at the shop so getting away in the Summer for us goes best in August. Plus with all the food preserving and school cleanings and shopping it can get a bit crazy at times.
Dave and I did two runs together this week end! I normally do not appreciate when he messes with my running routine but I think the more I do it the more OK I am with it. He just loops around me at times because he goes faster. We did a six mile yesterday morning and a four mile this morning. It is perfect running weather and staying in bed to sleep longer would mean missing out on so much beauty of the early morning runs in this lovely weather, even though it would feel good at times! I'm always fine once I'm started...:)
Today was baptism day at our church. It was great to be a part there today. We had fifteen young people that came forward to be baptized. As I sat during the service it seemed that was just me up there on my knees doing the same thing, and what a blessing it has been to grow closer to my Savior over these years since that day.... It has been eighteen years already! How can time go by so quickly??
I'm so enjoying my stage of life right now and I often think back to the days when I thought this stage was still a long ways off! The kids are getting less and less dependent on me and I find I'm enjoying this. Yet they need me in different ways now. (I'm learning) Like being the listening ear that they need many days. A friend.
They love when I cook them great food! As growing boys they seem to eat us out of the house! They seem to appreciate good food more then they used to and I love cooking for them. I like to try new things just to see what they make out of it...:) They have always been great eaters and they are not afraid to try new creative foods that I make and did not even know existed back in my childhood days!...:)
We were in charge of desserts at church today for the fellowship meal, it seems we brought home more food then we took! It was a turnout of about four hundred people. They ate lunch right after the service and even though it was a bit chaotic until everyone had a seat it went well over all. We had so much food left over, but I like to have plenty rather then running out. We dished out food for people to take home and I just froze some desserts that will come in handy later.
We made it to a Fisher reunion yesterday! I don't know when the last was that we went to a Fisher gathering! My kids did not seem to know who the Fishers were! (Dave's Mom was a Fisher)
They counted 29 familes and 99 children here today!!
Dave saw some of his cousins that he had not seen for many years! It seemed to be a good day for him, he enjoyed playing "Can Jam" with a great childhood cousin friend and just catching up. Justin seemed to make friends so easily I was surprised, but then I remembered he was there with Dave and Rose last year, so he was more familiar to this reunion then we were...:) The gathering took place at a pond and Jordan had a blast trying to catch the cat fish by hand!! The kids did swim even though they were freezing! My kids (other then Jordan) did not last long at all in the cold water with a chilly breeze in the air!
I had lots of kitchen time after the reunion making desserts for church today and a yummy cheesecake for our pool party later... looking forward to hanging out with friends again!
1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
16 whole wafers around edge
filling...
3 pk cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
topping...
melted caramels and pacans!!
Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs and mix in slowly pour into crust. Place pan on cookie sheet bake 300' for 60 minutes turn oven off and prop door open with wooden spoon for another 40 minutes!! So Yummy!!... Sinful I know!!
This is where I go every time I want to make a cheesecake!! They are the best!!
Have a Blessed Sunday... Enjoy the Beauty of this lovely weather!!
Your cheesecake looks wonderful! You might be interested in knowing there's a tropical themed one with a coconut crust taking shape in my mind. :)
ReplyDelete