Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chop... Chop... Chop...

Today was salsa and Bar-B-Q Sauce day... My set up was in the sun because the weather was perfect for it!! I love to sun my shoulders while working, my tan this time of year comes from working outdoors! When working in the sun it's like playtime to me!!...:) Plus I had the extra bonus of keeping my kitchen clean while using the outdoor cookers to cook up three batches of salsa and two batches of sauce...

My set up in the sun...
So much chopping...

Yesterday was yard catch up day... I did the edge trimming, mowing, blowing, hoeing and then picked a huge five gallon bucket of green beans!! I wasn't sure when I had time to sit and clean these so last evening when sis Marilyn asked us to meet them at Allen's ballgame to celebrate Dad's birthday, I just took my huge bucket along! I got them cleaned there as I watched the game! It seemed to draw more attention then anything and I'm sure it looked crazy but it got done and I'm happy to have twenty more jars of beans done... I'm sure I have another five gallon bucket to pick but I don't trust looking because I don't have time for them... If you want them come help yourself!!

The tables and cookers are still set up and tomorrow we shift over to peaches!! I love this time of year even if it makes me busy!! It is a blast to fill my shelves!!

The kids enjoyed there day to!! They have this fun hut in the woods I have been wanting to visit where they spend hours!! Ashley and Martina join them... They then tried to swim but didn't last to long in the cold water!...Maybe it will warm up yet so they can enjoy the pool for the last few weeks of Summer...? We are hoping yet but the weather is so perfect we really don't need to swim...:)

I'm off with Dave to a customer appreciation dinner...



No comments:

Post a Comment