They did great some games and some games not so good but they made it into the finals last night at nine o'clock. Allen is the starting pitcher and a good one to! They lost this nine o'clock game to finish off the tournament... The proceeds of this all day event went to our church project in Nicaragua. It was fun to be at the games, the sun was hot at times so we got more Summer tans...:) my Little's were so dirty and tired by the end of the day!! They had a blast though, my sisters were also out with there families so time with cousins/best friends was time well spent!...:) Jordan was a part of the trash crew that emptied trash cans and picked up trash ALL day! He loved to drive around on the golf cart and they did a great job!
My Brother Allen with his four week old name sake "Alan"
Allen has always been great with kids! It was fun to sit on the bleachers catching up with him and my sisters! It seems us girls always keep close tabs on each other but we don't see to much of this brother of ours...Teenage busyness maybe?? He is, or has been struggling with some back/leg pain, his chiropractor told him he is boarder line diabetic! This kid came eight years behind us girls and was so spoiled from day one by all of us! He grew up with sweet drinks in his bottle and a lollipop in his mouth!! His eating habits have been scaring me for a long time now and I think this was a wake up call that he needed! He is now eating blueberries without sugar on them and is doing better watching his diet! The blood work showed better the last time and I'm hoping he will be a living testimony to what a better diet can do for your life!!..:)
Love you Allen! You will always be special to me!
This girl got to sneak out for a few hours yesterday with her Daddy and I, she got to spend time riding ponies!! She loved it and did not even mind the hot sun and her riding helmet! She would have rode for hours if we would have let her!!
This pony will need a home in a few weeks. Dave has been working with the elderly couple that owns her for years. They got some Horse Barns from him and are now planning to move. The pony is pretty old and very gentle, Jenika seemed to fall in love with the two ponies they had there and she gets to choose one to call her own!! This elderly couple was so happy to see somebody like Jen (horse lover that she is!!) that would take good care of there pony! They are the type that spend top dollar on show horses, these ponies get groomed, ridden and very well cared for! They would give her to Jenika for free! She comes with the saddle to! Jenika did just as well riding them bare back though, the horse people could tell she was a "natural" relaxed rider! I think the horses can feel if the rider is tense and they do better for riders like Jenika... that are fearless...;/
We also got pizza and this is where I found her eating her piece... Out of the sun taking a break after her riding...
Dave and I ran this morning. Dave and Matt had planned to meet in Intercourse to run a ten and I didn't want to run with the guys so I just rode along up to Intercourse and ran route 340 the whole way down to Mount Vernon where Rhodes Store used to be. This is where Dave found me. Not sure on the distance since my IPhone is out of working order. (due to my oldest Son dropping it in a cup holder in the couch that he did not realize was half full of WATER!!)
I am now phone less and pitting myself...;/ Dave has been telling me for years now "Don't let the kids have your phone!" Oh well I ran without it and I made out fine it just seemed like something was missing not having my running app talk to me at every mile... It normally tells me my time, speed and distance at every mile and it's amazing how I get used to that! Not sure when I will get another phone??
We got out to run at six thirty and after a shower and a quick breakfast we headed off to church. It was great to be a part there again today. Seems like we have been taking a lot of Sundays off in August due to short getaways we have been enjoying.
Jordan spent the morning with my parents. He got something in his eye at the park yesterday, this morning it was all puffy and really red! It hurt him to open it. Mom doctored him up for me and he was much better when we picked him up! Thanks Mom and Dad!
Jordan has also not been hearing to well? He has a cold or allergies because he is constantly blowing his nose! It must be affecting his ears! Dave called to him three times, each time louder, (he was only a few feet away!) and he never heard him! He has an antibody treatment tomorrow morning and I'm hoping it will help him fight this better!
After sitting most of the day yesterday and eating more junkie...(these places seem to scream "eat junk food!") It felt great to get a long run... Last night at bedtime I felt so yuck and it seemed I'd feel fat and bloated forever, but... it seems as soon as I get out on the roads to run my mind is soon telling me... I'm going to eat kale, avocado, cucumbers and all the healthy stuff today!! I find it amazing that when just sitting, junk food is what my body screams for, then as soon as I get active it screams for the healthier options! Anybody else get this?? Must be one of my mind games again...:)
Here are some great quotes we can live by to help our body be all that it was designed to be...
These flovored waters are great and so healthy!
Many people are finding they are Gluten intolerant... Here are some of the signs to watch for...
Have a Blessed Week... Be a Blessing to someone that God puts in your path this week...





.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment