Wednesday, August 28, 2013

School Days are Back...

I wish this were a relaxing "time out" to post but I have lots going on and I need to keep this quick...:) It's still August here and we have been busier then ever,,,:) The biggest change that took place here the past few days is that the youngest member of the family has seemed to have lost his best friends!! Due to them starting school.

Javon seems so lost and lonely here today but he will adjust I'm sure. He keeps asking me when it is his school day... He will start preschool in September and I think it will be great for him to get out with other kids to learn!


The three oldest have adjustments taking place to... They now need to stay in more clothes all day!! They were used to stripping down to swimmies any old time to take dips in the pool, Which by the way has been really getting used again this past week!

Justin is off to the eight grade...
Justin has grown in so many ways this Summer! He was at the shop nearly every week day and enjoyed making some money over his Summer. He is finding/seeking lasting friendships and is looking for his place in life. He is at this searching stage and I remember this stage so well in my own life! It really is a challenging stage for both parent and child. We are enjoying him so much though and the age and stage is more fun then it is not...:) This school year was not something that he was anticipating but I think he will be fine as soon as he settles back into the routine of it.
 
Justin... Make a difference where you are and let God use you for his glory. Put your heart into your studies and your school life and you will have a great school year! We love you and we are enjoying watching you become the young man that you are! Thanks for the many great talks and fun that you add to my life...:) You are the life of the party around here and we love you for it...:)
I Love you!! Mom
 
Jordan is going into 5th grade...
 
Jordan has grown so much to. He enjoyed his Summer so much! He was so carefree, I envied him at times! He would tell you that his four wheeler was his closest companion this Summer! He did get out to the shop most weeks about twice and helped out where he was needed. He also enjoyed making some extra money this Summer.
 
Jordan loves his cousins and siblings and spent hours hanging out with them outdoors! He was my "Go to Guy" if I ever needed a chore done! I have to remind him at times to stay at it but it eventually got done... His weakness is defiantly his selective hearing!...:)
 
Jordan by the way was seen by a Doctor this week,  he just was not able to hear to well at all!! It was really getting annoying to all of us including him! I hated to send him to school like this! The Doctor said both of his ears are really bulging and he has inner ear infections in both of them! He found it really hard to believe that he had no pain with it! He gave me a prescription but I hesitated to fill it because of no pain at all, it all seemed to be related to sinus and congestion problems in his head! I got a hold of some natural oil... "oil of Oregano" he took a few drops a few times a day the past few days and I have also been messaging around his ears with this stuff to. This morning he came down and said his ears are popping and seeming to come back open again!! I love when we can get around the medication route and especially with him because back in the day this was never an option with him! He got fevers and pain so bad he had to have meds!! Thankful for his antibody treatments! Thinking his body can now fight for itself a little better...
 
Jordan has a new school teacher that he is excited to get to know better. He loved his Summer and was not ready to go back either but I think he will enjoy his school year...
 
Jordan... Be a blessing to those around you. Keep up your caring ways and it will take you far. I will so miss you here at home, always right here when I call you to help out around the house! Your four wheeler sets in the garage today and it seems so strange not to see you tearing around with it...:)
Have a blessed school year... We love watching you grow up and become more responsible!
I Love you!! Mom
 
Jenika goes into 1st grade...
 
How can it be???
 She was just born!!
 I was thrilled with a baby girl when God blessed us with her presence and she is still my only Princess! Her night time prayer time is the highlight of my day...:) You wouldn't believe what she all prays for!!
 
She is such a busybody the whole house will have an adjustment with her going to school everyday!! We will miss her liveliness, creativity and all that around here! Her endless chatter and all that racket she makes...will I miss this?? Maybe eventually but today is kind of nice...:) Javon and I enjoy quietness way more then her!!...:)
 
 I know she was more then ready for this step in her life!! She has grown so much over the Summer and I often found her with crayons or just working with paper. She is an eager learner and I'm sure she will be like a sponge just soaking it all up! She will miss her free time but it will be a great growing experience for her to have to sit still in her studies. She spent countless hours outdoors this Summer and her little brother loves to follow her everywhere! She loves to have followers...:)
Just don't try to hard to boss her off...:/ She sure is feisty but a blast!
The boys get so frustrated at her many many times, yet they love her so much!...:) She really likes her brother Justin the best...:) (so she says)  I think these two hit it off because they seem to have a touch of the same personality... Go Go Go!!:)
 
Jenika...
 1st grade will not come again for you so enjoy every minute of your year! It's was so much fun to see the light in your eyes when we talked about you starting first grade! You will have an adjustment but I'm sure you will love going to school everyday! Be a blessing to your classroom. You make friends so easily, yet you never think you need that one certain friend... You love everybody and even feel perfectly at home playing with "just boys" I love this about you! Keep Jesus close to your heart and have a great year learning the first grade things! You sure will love reading!!
Javon will miss you so much so make sure to save some of your energy for your at home hours for him...:)
I love you so much! Mom
 
Here we go... Another school year... The Summer seems to go faster every year!
Jenika had to go to school on the first day with a burn mark on her face! I was so sad for her! Justin had a hot cookie sheet he was getting out of the oven and she happened to be right behind him when he spun around to put it on the counter! Her face at that!... Poor girl! She was really brave about it though and Justin felt so bad! When he said he was sorry she said "It's OK Justin" through her tears!...
 
We had an Apple Sauce day this week...
 
We do not eat Apple Sauce in our family (other then Jenika, and she will eat only that so I don't even serve it:}) But I still always enjoy helping my Mom and Sisters on this fun day... Jordan was seen by the Doctor that day so I didn't help until the end but it was fun to be there anyway... We got to hold baby and babysit if nothing else...:) So darling they are....Jenika and "Baby Alan"
 
The day yesterday was spent shopping with Mom and Sisters... Kath had her six week old baby check up so we just made a day out of it...Great time to shop for Summer bargains! It will be a breeze to pack for Belize this Winter with all the Summer clothes I found on sale!!
 Last evening we went to a "Slave Auction" put off by Bethal church for there youth mission trip this Winter. Mark Andrew will be going so we wanted to support this. We bought two meal tickets that sound amazing!:)  When we got there the kids just ran off with friends right away! Dave and I looked at each other and said  "Wow! They just run off and we have no bags or anything to carry in!!" This stage is fun, but... when we are ready to leave they are not ready to go, and we half the time can't find them then... The challenges are different but we love this stage we are in...:)
 
Enjoying the journey of life is key...:)
 
Trying not to stress over my busy looking schedule...:) We are in the process of packing up for camping...~!
We get the yard work done here, the cleaning done here, food and clothes packed, and then we leave this place! Seems crazy at times that we work to make it look nice then we just go away all the time but we are looking forward to making a few "last of Summer" memories yet...:)
 Have a blessed afternoon...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment