We spent our first day "this Summer" at a public pool. Probably our last to. It was something Marilyn had told her boys they would do once this Summer so we had planned to join them today. The weather was looking hot and humid so I figured why not? After all next week will be to late.
Last evening I remembered something...I think this day is a buddy day pool party to! I have been phone less and I keep getting reminded how much I depended on this thing for everything! Phone numbers, calls and messages. My schedule and calender! I now have a paper and pen along with a calender I dug out of the drawer laying on the counter... Guess we go back to the old days for now...:) Using the house phone that has no long distance out calling...;/ Anyway it was a buddy pool party to! So as not to disappoint the kids (as they were promised they could swim with cousins) we squeezed in both places!
What a fun day in the sun...
Don't know why I again have no pictures of the big kids but they did enjoy there day to! They played ball in the water until they got yelled at by the life guard! They played ball in the yard until Jordan climbed a fence to get the ball and they got yelled at again! We soon left and I don't think we will ever return to this place! It is a campground and they let the public use the pool for a day pass thing but we didn't feel very welcomed here today, or else the person in charge has no kids of her own or maybe just no boys??!! It was still a good day catching up with my sisters.
Baby slept the day away...:) He never got a chance to cry...:)
I went out for an early morning ~faster~ run today, (no phone... thinking 4-5 miles) I was out the door soon after six o'clock and every time I run at this hour of the morning I'm amazed at all the traffic heading out of town to jobs!! It seems we have rush hour early in Lancaster County!! (Get er Done!) Work truck after work truck passed me by!!. People are drinking coffee and some give me a thumbs up...(probably other runners:}) My mind takes me places when I run... I then have to think about what my days are like and what is my job? How would I feel about trading places with some of these people that pass me by?? How would it be to get on the road at the same time everyday to go to my job?
Some days it would feel good to get out of the house but then I remind myself of all that I would miss here at home! The kids need me here and it is a very rewarding job to be a "Stay At Home Mom" Plus I get to spend some days at the pool...:) Even though the housework piles up on those days they are rewarding to...:)
I came back from my run and went straight into the garden! I pulled out all my beans, worked up some ground and planted fall lettuce... We are having a thunderstorm as I type so my seeds should spout up soon for more great salads! I will miss eating my cucumbers and small sweet tomatoes straight from the garden after my runs! The garden is mostly done for the season... Only some watermelons coming yet.
Jordan is the only one up with me in the early morning hours! I will so miss this when he goes back to school! We are up for hours before the others! He riding his four wheeler, doing his morning chicken chores and he helps me with what I'm doing if I ask him to. I made Dave a dish for lunch and also made granola bars to take and share for buddy day. My kitchen was chaos and I needed to go NOW to be in time for brunch there. I put the two oldest boys on "kitchen duty". They had all the MANY dishes washed, dishwasher cleaned out, counters and fridge wiped. I was so impressed when I got back for them between my pool parties. The Little's joined me for both places.
Dave leave tomorrow for a few days... Arizona this time. We plan to enjoy family time this evening. We miss Bible Study and a full moon run but Javon is learning to ride a two wheel bike without training wheels and we think the kids are just more important tonight...:)
Have a blessed evening...




No comments:
Post a Comment