Sunday, August 25, 2013

Catching Up...


I have taken a small blog break because the weather has been to perfect for sitting at the computer, even if it is just for a short time! I have some catching up to do on the very few blogs I follow to...:) I have a few friends that I follow but other then that I'm not to much of a computer person at all. I never shop or browse online, I'd rather do that with the hands on experience...:) I keep thinking pintrest would be interesting,  I'm sure I would love it but I never think that I have the time to sign up and then browse all that creativity on there... It looks so overwhelming and time consuming!! Maybe when I'm old...:}But wait... then it would be to late to practice the interesting stuff I find...~sigh~

Anyway on with it here... We have the man of the house back as of this morning. He was out since Thursday and we are again happy to be complete again... It was a great time of more learning for him in Arizona with his mentor group of guys. Belize was the topic some of the time and he even made some connections for our upcoming Winter get away there...:) I loved Belize when we were there and I never tire of learning and hearing more about this Country.

Dave and I always have much catch up to do when he returns from these short getaways. He came in this morning after traveling all night and getting zero sleep!! I was out running when he came home so he got the kids up and got them breakfast...:) I met Sadie for a ten mile this morning. Not such a good thing to do on a Sunday morning because it makes me have to move a little faster then I like to, to get out the door in time for church. Plus running that far then just sitting never goes that well for me....:) It was good to get the long run though... Thanks for joining me Sadie! I refueled with a breakfast wrap (which I quickly got together) and ate on the way to church... Mushrooms, eggs, spinach and avocado wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. A cup of coffee and a few cookies to...:) I will be good until supper on this...:)

I had a fun day with the boys on Friday... We shopped and shopped...:) With thinking Belize this Winter we picked up some great end of Summer bargains on Summer clothes along with the school shopping we did. I had to keep reminding myself "we are shopping for the boys here today!" I just kept wanting to end up in my section and I am so time consuming when shopping for myself! Thanks Rachel Ann for watching my Little's for the afternoon! We had some gift cards we used at our favorite stores and we used one we had for Apple Bees for lunch to! We did the curb side pick up and ate on the run... Them a burger, me a seasonal spinach salad...:) What a great day with my oldest boys!!

Yesterday the weather was perfect again, after a five mile run in the morning I was pretty much an all day Gardner in my garden gloves!! The yard got a good necessary gone over again! The trimming, mowing, blowing and hoeing all got done again.(It feels like I have tons! But it's my favorite around the house chore!) The boys had some chores to... they scrubbed the swing set and did there parts of the yard. The Little's spend hours at there "Hut"!! I visited them yesterday (without camera, next time:)) It is just so cute out there and I can easily see why they spend so much time here at the "woods hut"!

I was also feeling a bigger project... with the weather so lovely I wanted it to be outdoors. I thought about cutting the lilies off,(which is a huge chore!) but then I remembered school starts next week and the "to school walking trail" always needs a good trimming, I ended up spending hours on this "ever so grown up trail!!" I got in full pants, long sleeve shirt, scarf, boots and shades to do the weed whacking (no suntan on this one!) because I knew there was poison ivy in the mix!! I weed whacked like crazy and then used the hedge trimmer to, to get the sides of the trail trimmed. I took the mower around the road to school and came in from that direction to do some of the mowing. It was so overgrown I wasn't sure I'd make it through but it went well. Now they have a nice trail straight to school! The kids are down on that trail now with Ashley and Martina working on a bridge for crossing the small creek... They do this every year but it always washes away! Great thing to do on this lovely day!! Play at the creek! The only problem here is we have supper plans in an hour and they will most likely need to be scrubbed down and I will not have time for this:/

Dave had delivered me a new phone (IPhone 5) before he left for his trip!! Thanks Hon!! I'm back in service and it feels great... I do try not to get attached to my cell phone but it's hard when it holds so much information!! I didn't even know my Mom or sisters phone numbers by heart! I found out that I really don't know very many phone numbers at all by heart anymore! This is my screen saver for now...:) I change them up often...:)
Dave is catching up on some sleep. I asked him if he's sure he wants to go to church and not rather sleep but he would not want to miss church for sleep, even if he got no sleep... He is a Sunday School teacher and we enjoy Sunday School so much! He studied his lesson on the plane!! Our class ended up small then so we just went and joined another class...

Off for fun fellowship and a steak supper...Yummy!!
Have a blessed Sunday...




No comments:

Post a Comment