Thursday, October 31, 2013

Winterizing...

We are "winterizing" this place. Tuesday Javon and I spent the day in the front yard. Since this place has so much landscaping it gets done in sections...:)

 Yesterday we took a break from the yard since it was a dreary/drizzly day. I dropped Javon at preschool  yesterday morning and did an eight mile run. It is the first that I did this after dropping him at school, and since it was later in the morning then I like to run, and it was kind of trying to rain I had a raging battle going on between mind and body all morning!  I just finally decided to suck it up and hit the road! ~I guess body won...:)~  I always know in the end I will be glad I did it but just to get out there for the first mile is the hard part! Once I'm warmed up I can just go and go...:)

Today was another dreary/drizzly day. I got lots of housework done this morning...Bed sheets all got washed and put back on the beds. I made homemade chili for the kids lunch bot containers. Jordan was asked to bring brownies in for a class treat so I also had brownies baking early this morning.

I love how Jenika often gets greeted on the porch at school in the morning by her teacher! Miss Fisher will give her a hug on the way in the door and as I'm driving off I often thank God for a great loving christian school that we are so privileged to send our children to!

We had the first of five Amish weddings today. They are all shop worker weddings. We normally leave the house around 10 o'clock and have a yummy lunch after the couple is married then we are back home again around 2 o'clock. Thanks Linda for having Javon!! He loved his few hours with Derek today!!

These weddings are an all day affair but this is usually long enough for us...:) The meal is Dave's favorite and there was no need to make him supper this evening!...:)

The need to burn my lunch calories had me busy this afternoon again. I made whoopee pies for the freezer (the kids do get a dessert in the lunches everyday:)) I made a deep dish pumpkin pie for this week end. Got laundry caught up, cleaned up and organized the garage. Blew lots and lots of leaves in the swing set area. I then started the winterizing process in the backyard... Trimming bushes and pulling out flowers. Hauling off loads and loads of bush trimmings and droopy looking flowers that have served us so well this summer! We will miss them!

 Another small section is now done in the back yard...:) Maybe another two days work out there before winterizing is complete!? I'm feeling it in my arms and shoulders tonight! I think that means I need to do this more consistently...:)

 The older boys are enjoying hunting after school everyday. I could have used them to help in the yard to come behind me and pick up the mess I was creating with my hedge trimmer, but I know hunting season never lasts long enough for them so I let them enjoy this season. I was enjoying myself outside even if I was working alone...:) My Little's totally enjoy each other and were having fun just doing there own thing all evening! Dave actually helped me after he came home from work...:) Thanks Hon!! The time change this week end will put an end to his help outside evenings!:/

Justin and Jordan carried the patio set to the basement porch and I put the torch lights away. I guess this means an end to the campfire nights on the porch... Makes me sad yet we are ready to slow up the schedule some again. Justin fixed the chicken coop.:) We had a chicken get eaten this week... Must have been a fox??  We enjoy the fresh eggs and the fifteen chickens we have (or had) keep us well stocked on eggs...:) We normally get rid of them for the winter and get young chickens again in the spring so these will probably be leaving soon.


We are feeling the need to winterize indoors to... Why is it this the time of year that I just get the urge to clean up and declutter every corner of the house? I'm not one that thinks I need to "Houseclean" from top to bottom every single year but I do like to give each room a good turn when the need arises. I like to declutter and organize drawers and closets as I'm changing the clothing season... When we put summer clothes away is when I like to clean up the kids drawers and closets.

The attic was the lucky room the other evening! We were all up there helping Dave clean up his hunting room and we decluttered the whole attic while we were at it! I now have a pile of things for the reuse it and a pile for the trash I just can't figure out how we keep accumulating more and more stuff?? I hate clutter!! Anybody that knows me well will tell you this!!..:)

Tomorrow is cleaning day and I hope to get back into the yard for more winterizing in the afternoon... Saturday is my day out with the big boys... We are doing the "Hunter Safety Course" thingy, and Dave is telling me it's an all day thing!! I was kind of losing it about this and I'm still not sure if he is serious...  I sure hope we will not need to spend an entire day on this thing!!?? Oh well I guess I can then call myself a real hunter for the first time ever??!!


It is getting late and I'm feeling tired... yet I'm feeling grateful for the changing seasons and even the work that goes with them...:) This time of the year is so pretty and even if the leaves cover the ground they bring beauty! Dave and I took a short walk through the vineyards this evening as it was getting dark (looking for deer sign:)) and our surroundings were so beautiful!!

Feeling Blessed this week....


No comments:

Post a Comment