We always enjoy this baking day together. We all kind of bring our own ingredients and set about all doing something different.
I was the chocolate person and dipped chocolates all day.
Kath was the taffy girl and she stirred and stirred her heart out!! We were making a real joke out of her but her taffy got perfect!! I can't wait to taste a bit more on our Christmas celebration day coming up this week end!! (jokes on us Kath!)
Mom was the sand tart baker and she even lets the kids help in her department every time! She is good at this! I think mom was ready to have them back off soon after she said they can help though!
Marilyn was mixing cookies to and just the one to come along behind everybody else and pick up where ever she was needed. We all enjoyed some time out at times to care for this sweet baby "Alan"
He is growing by leaps and bounds and such a delightful happy little guy!!
People tell us he looks like my Justin did at his age!...:)
This (Leanna) girl is more "Hands On" then any other child that I know!! She was totally in her glory!!
We love these days together like this! We catch up and chat about anything and everything!! My sisters are my best friends and we never want to be the first to leave, (in case we miss anything!:)) I told them as I was going out the door yesterday "Now don't talk about me" (with a grin)
Mom cares for Grandma Beiler on Thursdays and she always requests extra prayers for this day! She left the cookie bake early to be with Grandma and do her cleaning. Her Alzheimer's is steadily getting worse and she takes more patience then we realize for her care takers!
After the cookie bake I went to Downingtown to go over those blood test results of Jordan's. We had a Christmas banquet for our shop workers last evening. The meal and fellowship was great! We have the best work crew!! Thanks guys for what you all add to the business at Stoltzfus Structures!!
Jordan's test result deserve a post of there own so I'll do that post soon... Just to say "I cried almost the whole way home from Downingtown yesterday!" Overwhelmed was the word!!!
Enjoy the season of Christmas with the smells of cookies and the beauty of the white snow!!
This was my six mile run the other day... I love running but it takes extra effort on the bitter cold days and I skip more then I like to! The white is nice for something different...:)







No comments:
Post a Comment