Congratulations Danny and Rachel Ann!!!
Adorable Baby "Ava Louise" arrived yesterday afternoon, two weeks early. Weighing in at 8lb. 4oz. It was a long labor for mom with a burst water at four o'clock on Thursday afternoon then Ava never made her entrance into this world until 3:15pm yesterday! All went well though and mom and baby are doing well. They are hoping for release from the hospital today yet.
Javon and I took a sneak peek at her today. He could not wait to meet this little one and I of course could not either! The first thing Javon said to Rachel Ann was something like "Wow now your belly isn't fat anymore!" I told him this is probably the closest he will ever get to being a "Big brother"! He loves her like a brother already!
He picked out a "him and her" monkey teddy for her. (one being him and one being her:)) He kept trying to give it to her, he seemed to wonder why she don't just reach out and take it once!...:) So cute it was to watch! He sat up on the bed with Rachel Ann... I love how he is peeking around her here...:)
New Momma and her two favorite "little" people...:)
I so enjoyed meeting this cutie... Feels like I'm an aunt again even though she does not make me a new aunt, I'm hoping I will still be known as "Aunt Suz" to her...;)
All this hair...!
To Baby Ava...
Welcome to the world little one! We look forward to watching you grow up! You will have the best momma out there! She has had lots of practice and she just has that special touch that you will learn to LOVE! You are blessed to have parents that will love and care for you so well! We hope you won't mind us loving on you nonstop...:) Please be good for grandma so momma can come back to work sooner rather then later...:) She has been a huge blessing to me and my family and I want to be a blessing back to her now that she is a new momma. Time has a way of moving quickly and if we blink to fast you might be going to school soon!... I love you already... Suz
PS. Please call me "Aunt Suz"
Blessings to you Danny and Rachel Ann as you raise this precious bundle for the glory of our awesome and amazing God! He truly shows us his amazing hand every time one of these tiny precious babies are born. Enjoy the journey of life with a little one. Every stage is fun in a different way and me being in the "older kids" stage now can tell you that this stage is something to look forward to, as well as all the stages before this...:) (but I think this is the best so far...:))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Because this baby girl decided to be early I had the cleaning alone this week. After having a full day planned for Friday and with having a packed schedule on Thursday I was so tired and extremely ready for bed when Danny called and said Rachel Ann will not be coming in in the morning!! I then told Dave to get me up with him "early" on Friday morning because when having the cleaning alone I need to get an early start!! I was cleaning up floors by 6am! Jenika came to breakfast with a huff saying "I did not sleep all night because I heard buckets dragging on the floor!!" I laughed at her and assured her it was only a short time span that I was dragging buckets. I had her door closed but she must have still heard me dragging my bucket...:}
All day Friday I was waiting to hear news as I worked! I canned 30 quarts of deer cubes and freezer packed the hamburger. I seem to clean faster and better when I'm thinking of somebody in labor for so long already! I even got to the attic and basement for a good cleaning...;) Javon was in school in the morning so it was more quiet here then I'm used to on a Friday.
The suitcases are open and partially packed. The Christmas cards are signed and ready for the mail. The Christmas presents are wrapped and waiting for the Christmas parties. I did get up a touch of Christmas décor but with going to Belize I didn't do very much, which I liked since this is not really my thing. It seems so soon it's time to change the décor for another season so I don't even always keep up! I do need to remove the rotten pumpkin from the front porch now though!!
Today was Dave's Saturday to be at the shop so we haven't seen him to much today. We did start out a run together this morning, him doing five miles and I kept going for a seven miler. It was great to see some sun after the dreary cold rain yesterday! We juiced up a juice before he left for the shop. We have our spurts with the juicer but it has been out more the past weeks again. This morning was our favorite... carrots, kale, ginger, apple, cucumber.
Jordan has learned to bake gluten free cookies! He was baking cookies while Javon and I were out this afternoon. He seems to be adjusting okay as long as he has good food to replace the wheat ingredients. He is back in the kitchen again learning how to make good food out of the ingredients that he is allowed to have. So far we haven't ate out to much since he started the gluten free diet but I think this is where it might get more challenging. We are still waiting blood test results for his food allergies.
We have a fun family night planned with the kids this evening!! We love week-ends here at our house! Everything just seems to slow up some and this time of the year is especially fun with the smells of Christmas goodies being prepared in the kitchen...:)
Have a BLESSED week-end...








No comments:
Post a Comment