Anyway it is lovely here! Weather in the 70's to low 80's! A bit of a shock to our bodies coming from the snow to this warmth in just four hours!
We left the house soon after five this morning and we thought we were in good time but by the time we got through the long lines we were getting a bit nervous. With the Little's walking through the terminal at there own pace (slower) Dave said he will run ahead and let them know we are on the way! So he took off and we continued our pace and all of the sudden he comes running back through and waves us and says COME ON REAL FAST!!! We all started running as people were getting out of our way!! We made onto the plane breathing a bit fast but glad to be boarded!! I had planned to get milk for the Little's cereal but we had no time for that! Jen ate hers dry!:)
Once on the plane everyone got settled in. We were able to all sit close to each other which was nice. I read my book and helped Jenika with a bit of her homework. The rest all watched a movie which made the time go fast and Javon had a cozy nap next to Dave.
We made it to Cancun Mexico tired and hungry! We were up soon after four o'clock but sleeping on the plane just didn't happen for most of us! We were excited to start our adventure! We wanted breakfast/lunch first of all! The kids were patient and did great until we checked in to our hotel and found a place to eat. A lovely place next to the water!
Javon could not wait I guess and he was totally not being Javon when he dove into the water with his pants and shirt still on! We had planned to eat lunch first then go change into swimming gear! He didn't mind eating soaking wet and it was warm enough for it!...:)
I'm having a problem downloading pictures? They are trying but it's taking a bit long so I will just post and try to add the pictures later. My Little's and I will spend a lot of time together I can tell! Dave and the big boys are out playing "Dice" on a table somewhere while the Little's and I hang out in the room. We are all tired and plan to head off to bed soon. We have an extra hour here since we are an hour behind you all.
We will spend most of the day here tomorrow before heading off for the next place. I will try to post again tomorrow and I'm hoping to get these pictures to cooperate. It's good that I'm familiar with blogging because everything is in Spanish on my laptop! I'm still getting the feel of this thing and I keep reaching for my computer mouse!
Speaking of mouse!! I spied on in my kitchen yesterday morning!! He surprised me as much as I surprised him! I had not seen any signs of mice so I figured he must just have showed up. I set traps and we caught two yesterday! I'm so glad I caught sight of them before we left!! Hope we got them all! They were both big papa mice! I let the traps set for you to check Marilyn or Rachel Ann! One under the bar and one under the cupboard by the toaster where they come up!! Thanks for checking up on things for us!!
Jordan is enjoying the food here so far! I have a good picture of him with his yummy looking quesadias for lunch! Shrimp and chicken. I ordered a pineapple chicken salad and was surprised when it showed up as a chicken salad type inside of a half of a pineapple! So yummy it was!! I love how they get creative in places like this.
My shoulders are tight this evening and I'm really ready for some rest. Mark Andrew stopped to see us last night late. He got back from Africa and we were crossing paths so he dropped in on us before we left! Thanks for stopping in Mark Andrew!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Dave and Rose and kiddos!! Javon is complaining of an ear ache tonight. I'm thinking the plane ride then the water from swimming is the issue. He is still running around having a good time and we did put stuff in his ears so we are praying all will be well as we move on tomorrow...
Thanks to those that are praying for us as we enjoy this wonderful family time and this adventurous trip!
I'll be back when I can...
No comments:
Post a Comment