We are spending the night in Placencia. ~Miramr Apartments~ It is a nice quiet little town. We have enjoyed our afternoon here and the ride here was not to long. Maybe a little more then an hour. The boys had to get out and run a ways for harassing Jenika. They ran about a mile while we followed in the truck. It was a quiet road so they ran off some bottled up energy that they were taking out on there sister, so our time spent on the road can be a bit trying at times!...:) We are having so much fun enjoying each other though!!
The fireworks do not go off here. The music can not be heard at all. The town has a boardwalk type walkway going down the center strip with the beach on one side then shops and many neat restaurants on the other side. The town is a lot more touristy then the last few we have been to.
We had a great supper. Rice and Beans again. Dave had his with the meat ~Gibnut~ It's a type of rat! It's a Belizian delicacy! They say here it's not really Christmas without Gibnut!! I would guess maybe like seafood to us Americans!? Dave said it was good...:)
It is slightly raining here this evening and the day has been cloudy! We have had very few full sunny days so far! It is really warm though so when the sun is out to long we need to else find the shade or the water!
Mom yes I feel much better! My fever broke during the night. I sweated it out and was feeling a bit weak this morning but much better! It has now somewhat settled into my stomach and I have pangs of pain after I eat and I don't go to far from the bathroom...:{ I'm hoping this gets better soon. Dave had it a few days back and he is feeling all better again...:)
Thanks for taking care of my mice Rachel Ann!! Hope we got them all!!
Marilyn are you checking up on things for us?? Jenika had tears today when she thought of Tina and home!...:) She misses her American food to!! I think of you often and I guess you are still patiently waiting to meet baby dear!..:)
Not sure if you could mention to mom but Dave will be out of town when she has the Christmas dinner planned! I know she will want him there so she might need to change it again!?? I don't mind either way but he will not be home until the 14th!! I can not call her so if you could that would be great!!
We will be moving on again tomorrow. Ponta Gorda, Not to much truck time but still on the move again!...:) We want to do a river tour to monkey river. do some cave tubing, making our own chocolate at a chocolate factory, waterfalls are lovely here to but we are seeing we will not be able to squeeze these all in before we head to the island so we will need to choose the ones that we want to do the most. Zip lining is great here to but not really ideal for the Little's so we might skip this one.
I'm off to get some rest... Belize is great and the warm weather is awesome! Just remember back home to never take your hot water for granted! We have a limited supply here and many showers are on the cooler side with a low flow. I have come to realize we are spoiled Americans! Blessed is a better word.
Good night...
Hello glad to hear you feeing better SUZ. Sounds like you eating lots of rice and beans.are you bout ready for something else Jordan?and guys no more teasing your dear sister.Javon where are you in all this?question how long you be on the island?seems so long since you are gone.dad had the same stomache issue Christmas Eve .was concerned about him.Allen stayed home all night which was a good thing!I jus came in from sunning awhile sitting in front of the garage very nice here today!in the upper 40s.nothing like you are having I'm sure bring it on.im ready.Dad bringing in 10 eggs a day rite now We Are blessed for sure!Take care n be safe.
ReplyDelete