Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Snow Fun...

The snow here has been a highlight! While in church on Sunday morning it really started to come down! By the time we left church the roads were getting very slick and messy! We had to do a few turn arounds on the way home just to avoid the slippery hills that had other struggling cars strewn about!

My Little's instantly played in the snow after church! Jenika is still even in Sunday clothes...:)
Dave and I along with Jenika and Javon took the shop truck out after lunch to do some visiting. We will miss our grandparent Christmas gatherings this year so we wanted to deliver them gifts and visit with them a bit before we leave for our trip.

We got back in time to make an easy dessert and head off to Matt Lapp's for some fun games and fellowship as it snowed. Thanks Matt's for hosting us and Mikes for a few fun games of  "Dice" and food/fellowship, it was great to catch up again.

School was delayed by two hours so the kids slept in a bit and I had more quiet time then I'm used to...:) Javon's school was canceled and our Ladies Bible Study was to. The snow sure can raise havoc on a planned schedule but it was so worth it!...:) The kids are still enjoying the wet packy snow on the ground!

The four wheeler of course had to come back out after a few weeks break in the garage...
Javon and I spent a few hours on the road yesterday finishing up some last of the Christmas/Belize shopping. We had some small stops and we also stopped to see baby Ava again. Jenika got to see her this time to. They are so cute to watch as they hold and love on her....:)

Today I have Austin and Leanna all day. They just arrived a bit ago and I put them back to bed for a bit more sleep. I plan to be baking bread and more goodies in the kitchen today. Jerkey is also waiting to be dried today. I'll let you know how it turns out...:)

Enjoy what's left of this winter snow. I'm off to pack lunches while it's still quiet in the kitchen...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment