We did Christmas with the children here the other evening as the snow was falling...
![]() |
| Ready to open gifts in our Pj's...:) |
We had Christmas with my family on Sunday. Church was canceled because of snow and ice so the morning was more slow pace then normal for a Sunday here. Dave and I did a walk. (not fit for running!:}) Then we enjoyed a light breakfast with the kids before having our own Christmas Sunday School here at home in the cozy sun room...:)
Christmas at Dad's is always something we all look forward to! Mom had a yummy lunch! Even stuffed mushrooms and shrimp on the side! Jordan enjoyed the shrimp and meat. We forgot to take his cookies along so he went all day without dessert! He is a champ through this so far!
Our fun day... Some fun pictures of those I love so much...
![]() |
| The "Little" boys... Austin, Micah and Javon They get along on most days...:} |
![]() |
| James... |
![]() |
| Jenika and one of her gifts... She is so into this kind of thing right now! |
| Mom and Dad giving the grandchildren a gift |
![]() |
| Jordan and Mark so enjoy every minute together! |
![]() |
| Another gift she will LOVE! |
![]() |
| Brother Allen with his "namesake" Alan....;) He gave him a gift...;) |
We got gave mom and dad a small chicken house and ten chickens for Christmas! Dad has wanted chickens for some time now and they love fresh eggs so this seemed the perfect gift! Mom text ed yesterday and said "Dad is grinning form ear to ear, eight eggs just came in from the chicken coop!...:)
![]() |
| Pushing dad's chicken house in place... |
![]() |
| Darling Leanna... |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby is Five!!!
Today is Javon's Birthday. The day was so beautiful with a fresh snow this morning and then again more beautiful white stuff this afternoon! I finally just decided his birthday pictures will just be in the snow! It was so beautiful with the big white flakes coming down!
Happy Birthday Javon!!
Javon is so much fun at this age! He follows me around and talks to me all day long! The few mornings that he has school are so quiet here!
He loves to open anything! As soon as a package comes in the mail, UPS, or anything he will take a long time opening it and he wants no help...:) When my Melaluca box comes he opens the box then once inside he takes off all the little tabs off of everything and closes it back up! Kind of nice not to have to open the annoying tabs on the dish soap and lotions anymore!...:)
He loves Lego's and cars! He is being taught all about school life by his sister! She insists he sound out words and does math facts! She gives him no breaks and takes being a teacher seriously! Poor guy can only take it so long before he stumps off in a huff!...:)
He knows no Pennsylvania dutch at all! We are doing some "Dutch Day's" here every now and then. The boys decided that on the days we have a "Dutch Day" (talk only dutch all day the best that you know how) They can skip the days book report!...:) It gets crazy sometimes and we often just laugh as they try to figure out how to say the word they are looking for! Javon now often asks me during the day "what does this word mean in Dutch?" The kids want to learn it so why not teach them??:) I'm not the best at it so I even stumble but it's fun teaching them what I know.
Javon loves to sing!! He gets it from me and I love it! The other kids rarely sing in the house but he sings often during the day! His favorite song right now "This world is not my home" He bellows it out in the course!
Javon... You are my sunshine! I love that you love to snuggle on my lap at any time of the day! I love when you bring me that book, then we just sit wherever we are at to read it. I love how you hold my hand as we are driving down the road! I love how you come up with the most adorable stuff to say like..."I hope Jesus does not take me to Heaven today, because I have stuff I want to do today and I am just not ready for that yet...:) You remind me to slow down and enjoy life. Your personality is so lovable! Your brother Jordan is your hero and you love him because he does anything in the world for you! Justin is your tough big brother and you love to get rowdy with him! Jenika is your boss most times but you are learning to stick up for yourself...:) You do have a blast with Jen though and Saturdays are your most favorite days! You ask me all day long..."how soon until the kids come home from school?"
You have grown so much! You love that you now go to school and have made friends that your siblings don't know! You love baby Ava and often talk about her, you want to stop by to visit her often:) (so does mom:))
We love you Javon and you have added just the touch we need to our family!
Here he is enjoying his birthday cupcake! (store bought this year) We sang "Happy Birthday" after supper and he got to open a gift. 'Lego's"
Happy fifth Javon!
Today was also Jordan treatment day...
We started later today so he won't need to take any more time off of school. Him and Justin went over to Mark and James's school program this evening. It feels good to him to get out after sitting for so long! I have been doing tests with the cooking around here. I made a dish this evening that everybody actually liked! I see it will be coconut milk instead of the dairy. Stevia for sweetener. He drinks lemon water with a bit of stevia and he likes it. He does struggle with breakfast though. I made him gluten free oatmeal one morning with stevia for sweetener. He did not like it and went to school mostly hungry and mad at me... Probably just the start ~sigh~
I'm not to strict with the eggs yet. I need to find duck eggs somewhere?? He can't have chicken eggs but duck!? I need to find out where to get some of these things before I just put him on this strict diet. I'm learning and educating myself, I'm ordering a few cookbooks to help prepare us for the cleanse in January. As of now I'm just trying to get the feel of it somewhat, also trying to get him off of sugar, dairy and fruit slowly for now so he won't be so shocked later!.
The house is getting cleaned as I prepare for a few weeks away. I was probably the only one trying to clean windows with the Windex freezing on the window as I wiped at it! I have gotten most of them done today and the feeling of clean windows is so refreshing to me! I have this thing with dirty windows! People tell me I'm obsessed!:) I also did some floors today since I don't have my cleaning lady these days...:) It takes about three days alone and about three hours with her!...:)
The birds have taken over my back porch again! I have hung and filled all the feeders for them and they are so pretty!! The big boys run the 22's around here! They were shooting at the birds but not really hitting them. After they blew the head off of a sparrow I said no more of that!! I will not bait the birds for you to shoot them!! They must now go out in the woods to hunt sparrows!
The suitcases are mostly packed now. I forgot Dave's flip flops ripped at the end of the summer so I went to the shoe store and they looked at me funny when I asked if they had any flip flops!? They had a few pairs on the very top shelf on clearance! I was happy with my buy! It felt strange to be rushing out for flip flops while others were rushing around Christmas shopping! Seems like something is weird this season but I'm looking forward to warm sunshiny weather this week-end!
Have a good evening...
















No comments:
Post a Comment