We had a fun night out last evening, it included an amazing meal, a fun ride and a great group of people!!... We have done this the past few winters now with the Stoltzfus office staff. It's an appreciation night out for all the stress that the other three out of four seasons bring to this crew! We choose to do this in the slow winter months. These folks are all such a big part of the business and are very much appreciated!
Here is the crew with our fun ride...
I tend to get car sick pretty easily, (I often tell Dave to let me do the driving:}) I don't always appreciate the sideways rides where I can't really see out, like a bus, RV or this type of ride. I was ready to get there and having an empty hungry tummy didn't help the matter any but soon after getting out and getting fresh air I was fine and the ride home went better.
Allen was here with the kids again last evening and he stayed the night, they so enjoy him! I had started supper for them before we left, as we were going out the door the big boys were finishing up the cooking in the kitchen...:) I fried some fish and started the chicken, Justin was then in charge of the rest of the frying and finishing the potatoes. Jordan was in charge of the veggies and his food.
I love how they help, take charge and clean up after themselves in the kitchen! The older they get the more I appreciate that I always let them create food in the kitchen! They love frying up peppers and onions and adding them to any meat. They eat more then dad does now so having them help me in the kitchen is a huge BLESSING! I can even put them in charge with the confidence that they will make something AMAZING!! Sometimes the mess is bigger then mine would be but they do great at getting the surfaces and I come behind them later and just give it another good swipe of my touch...:)
We are still enjoying brother here today...
He plays games with the Little's and just enjoys spending time with them! I was at the nook table doing my quiet time this morning while Jenika and Allen were enjoying pancakes at the bar. I overheard them talking and of course Jenika was full of questions like "Did you have pancakes everyday since mommy is in Florida?" "Do you sometimes have other food to?" It was so cute as she fussed at him and he so patiently answered her...:) I giggled one time and they both looked my way...;) He got his car stuck in our driveway and had to park out at the neighbors!
Our driveway is subject of it's own this winter!! We had a few powdery inches of snow the other day and the wind picked up for the next few days continually blowing the light powdery snow into our nicely plowed driveway, drifting us in again! I was snowed in yesterday and had to send Javon to school with Rachel Ann and her four wheel drive truck! She told Javon's teacher that we are not able to come out the drive and she looked at her like "What?" Yup we are snowed in more often then most people but we are thankful for rides that pick us up from the road!...:) Thanks Rachel Ann!!
Javon had pet day yesterday to, "Hammy" cage and all had to be taken to school with Rachel Ann. She again picked them up for me... I know she is the BEST! Ava had a stomach bug so Rachel Ann was called out of here early to comfort baby, she still made time to get Javon for me... Baby is growing and oh so fun and cute!
Jordan has had a great week... He again got on the scale this morning and it's showing he is down another two pounds, making a total of twenty now! He is adjusting more and more but he is looking forward to the day when he can expand his food boundaries a bit. He was out this morning taking his gun for a walk. He shot two birds and he's constantly on the lookout for anything that moves! He just loves wildlife and the outdoors! I'm thinking he will enjoy this upcoming warmer season more then ever now that he feels better and just has more energy.
He sat for a picture this morning... His skin is clearing up and the scars on his arms and legs are fading!...:)
We are praying for great results in his upcoming CHOP appointment next week! Join us in prayer for complete healing for Jordan so we can be done with antibody treatments! He would be thrilled if God would choose to heal him of this immune disease and we know he can since he is the ultimate healer!!
Jordan along with the rest of us have a heavy heart for his school friend/fishing buddy Trevor!
Trevor has been diagnosed with a fast growing aggressive type of cancer this past week! He had complained of a lump on his leg and after some testing the results came back as Burkett's lymphoma. He has a great chance of beating this but the road ahead looks scary as he will most likely need high doses of chemo and this word alone is extremely scary!
We are praying for you Trevor and Jordan is thinking his health issue is small in comparison to yours! Please join in prayer for Floyd and Wilma's family as they battle this aggressive cancer along side Trevor!!
Jordan hopes for many more fun times of fishing with you Trev! We will remember you in our prayers everyday!!...
![]() |
| Trevor is the one in the back... He will be ten years old in May... |
Mark Andrew and his biking buddies have arrived to Jacksonville Florida after biking there last thirty miles this morning!! They will be spending the next few weeks resting and living it up in Florida! We are anticipating hearing more about the bike trip which I'm sure included many adventures and God moments! Great to hear you arrived safe and sound Mark Andrew. (PJ) Give that body some rest!...:)
We have a week end ahead of us that looks snowy! I think maybe eight to ten more inches is on the way to hit us tomorrow sometime!! My family that is in Florida plans to be back tomorrow ahead of this storm! Welcome home guys!! So glad you not need to miss out on another snowstorm!!...:) You will love this cold... I'm convinced...:)
We are enjoying it anyway, I mean just look how lovely and fun this looks here today...:) Who would want to miss more snow??!! #gottalovethiswinter!
![]() |
| Yup a pink hat!!! Not like he had to!... |
![]() |
| Best Buds... Tina and Jen |
![]() |
| Ashley... |
Have a great week end... Prepare for more of the white stuff!! I'll probably be stuck back here snowed in a few days longer then the rest of you...;)
~sigh~
If you need a job or just want to do a good deed for me, I'm looking for a driveway opener person for lets say... check up on us every hour starting now...?? Anybody???
#springfever!













No comments:
Post a Comment