We are pretending it's warm...:)
Javon reminds me so much of Jordan with this fish pond! Jordan was five when we moved here and he spent hours here! Javon now spends hours...:) He had to break the thin layer of ice to get the "numb from the cold fish" into his net. He just catches and releases over and over again just the way Jordan taught him!... We let the kids play at the pond now before the start up and clean up all take place. When the pond is running and the landscape is all done around it we try to keep them limited to the bridge and big rocks but the Little's are still just drawn to this thing!...:) It's a dream come true to have a fish pond/waterfall outside my kitchen window!
Yesterday was a few hours of sisters day at Marilyn's. Kath was scrap booking with her and mom and I joined in for awhile just so we not need to miss out...:) Mom was here helping me in the kitchen for awhile. We assembled supper for Kath since she was going to have my Little's last night while we make a trip to Cabela's. I make your supper, you watch my kids... fair enough right?
Kath called just as I was going out the door with her supper and my Little's and told me they just got word that Smokey's nephew's baby died yesterday! Omar Lee and Mary Sue had a baby boy with a small forehead. He was doing so good all along and he was a miracle to still be here. Mary Sue had a sister that also got married yesterday! This precious baby boy passed into eternity around eleven o'clock in the morning at his aunts wedding! Omar Lee's spent the night at her parents so they are there bright and early for the wedding, baby got a little sick during the night but Mary Sue was just thinking he had a cold. He brought so much joy to these young parents while he was here on this earth and they will miss him greatly!
Kath said they are off to be with the family so I called Marilyn and she kept the Little's for me while we went to Cabela's. She just got the supper that I had prepared for Kath and her family! Sorry Kath I'll bring your supper sometime...:)
Jordan was thrilled to have Derek join us. Trevor is in the hospital all this week and so his siblings all got to choose a place to spend last night while both Floyd and Wilma stayed with Trevor. (to read his story go here... www.caringbridge.org... Trevor King, password is... trevor, please join in prayer for whole and complete healing for Trevor as he fights this cancer battle!)
We were honored that Derek choose Jordan's house.;) I made plans with Dave to go to Cabela's for this evening while Derek is here since we have been wanting to get up there anyway. I knew this would be a great outing for these boys and was it ever!! They spent hours exploring!...
We have been so "BLESSED" to receive a big gift card for this place the past few years from one of Dave's main Horse Barn builders. We enjoy the useful things we can get with these gift cards.! The boys each got to pick out some things to, Jordan made sure he will be all set up for this upcoming fishing season! He is so excited! ~counting the days!~ He added many more things to his fishing collection and I could hardly get him to bed late last night or hardly send him out the door for school this morning since he was so busy trying to organize everything real nice into his new tackle box! Some of his stuff is still waiting for his attention after school today!
Here is his pile... His old stuff is mixed in here to... His LOVE for fishing is beyond me!!~~?
Derek likes to fish to so these guys had a blast! Derek and Trevor are the ones that have the big pond that Jordan sometimes gets to fish at in the summer. These guys are ready for those fish now...:)
The night before last as I was at Jordan's bedside during our bedtime routine he says to me "How must this be for Trevor?? Derek gets to choose a friends house to spend the night and even go to Cabela's with me and Trevor has to be in the hospital!" He has a huge heart for him! Partly because this is just Jordan but another part because he knows what it's like to have so many appointments, tests and to get pricked with needles over and over again! He feels blessed that his health issue does not require hospital stays but they still have a touch of something in common. We are cheering for you Trevor and Jordan can't wait until he can come fish with you!...:)
Here are some of the favorites that I found last night... It was a great time to shop winter deals! I got the Little's each winter coats for next season and some winter boots to. The gloves were already put away or I would have gotten a few pairs of those to.! (Never seemed to have enough this winter!) I found out that Cabela's clothing is on the expensive side but with the seasonal specials that brought the prices down and with the gift cards it was a win win...:)
I have been wanting to try cast iron cookware... I know they take special care and special cleaning but they are a healthy cookware and also very durable! From oven to stove top to campfire to grill or whatever! I made a breakfast scramble in one this morning. I can tell I will love these!!...
The only thing is they are very very heavy! I think they will need to be hung up with brackets and hooks or my cabinets will get all beat up! Especially with the boys in the kitchen as much as they are! I'm thinking a rod and hooks over my stove top but this will take some time getting used to this idea of seeing pans hanging up there!!...? I'll let you know how it turns out...;)
Another deal that I was just thrilled with!!...
These Jen size UGG's were on the clearance shoe rack! The only pair of UGG's on the whole sale rack! They were marked so cheap that the check out person had to do a price over ride thingy when we were checking out! Like quarter the price that they were originally!! Miss Fisher would have fun telling you about the cozy boots this girl was wearing at school this winter!! She wore them totally out!! Rachel Ann gave them to her to save for when her feet are a size five! Since she'd spied them on her top closet shelf she would not rest until I let her wear them! They were to big but she didn't mind! She also had a pair that were her size but she wore them out to and she said they just weren't as comfy as the "to big ones"...:) These UGG's are still a size to big for her but we hope they will be perfect for next winter!! I'm so happy with this purchase!...:)
It was way to late by the time we got home and my Little's were already sound asleep on Marilyn's couch. Thanks Sis!! I figured it might be a struggle to get the kids up this morning but they came down at regular time as cheery as ever. I hope it lasts through the day. It's a gray day here so that in itself can make one feel tired...:) It is warming up though so we are thankful!
I kept Javon home with me today since he came down with a nasty cold overnight! He has been snotting and sneezing so bad! We are putting the oils to the test here today and getting him lots of rest to. He is asleep on Jen's bed now.
He has some longer "lunch included" preschool days coming up! Like six of them! They have no preschool on two hour delay days and since there were so many of them this year they are doing this to make up the lost hours! It's the first ever that they had to do anything like this! His last day is still not even until after my other kids are done with school!! Preschool normally leaves out weeks before the other kids!;) He is thrilled to put in more school hours anyway...:)
Laundry and House work awaits me... Have a BLESSED today!!




No comments:
Post a Comment