Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Winter... It's On the way Out...


We had more snow!! Only an inch or so but it was enough to keep Javon home and not on his much anticipated field trip to the fire house which was planned for today. It is so cold and windy and the fish pond is again slightly froze over.

Jenika had a fish stash in a bucket under the tree!! Not realizing the fish will not survive in a bit of water inside of a bucket for overnight! Especially now, as the temps are freezing, so the water inside the bucket (my cleaning bucket) with her fish stash is now froze solid!! She thought it was something great and she took Rachel Ann out to see them froze there!! Rachel Ann started to have a fit and Jen says "No it's okay they will thaw out and be fine!" Feel so bad for those fish! She now knows better and we are not playing at the pond anymore!

On Monday evening I went out for a six mile run. It felt so nice to be home on a Monday evening!! We always seem to have busy Monday evenings between chiropractor and Dave's many meetings on Monday evenings. It seems to often be an evening that we have headaches or are just extra tired from the out of routine week-ends. Sometimes Sunday afternoon naps do more harm then good but it feels oh so good at the moment! As I was out Justin decided to make himself something in the kitchen again!...:) He apparently got into a jar of canned deer meat that was bad. He was soon so sick!!! By bed time he was throwing up so bad and so sick he was moaning for pain!! Poor guy!! He was awake throwing up during the night to! I was up with him for awhile but I knew it will need to take it's course so he was brave and just kept making himself throw up because it seemed he could rest again for awhile after he vomited again!

Boys in the kitchen has been a great learning experience for them and most days it goes well but the refrigerator never stay organized for a whole day and I think the canned meat was hidden because the fresh opened jar was in there to. Things just don't always get rotated properly when I'm not the only one in the kitchen. I have been keeping a better eye on things the past days now.

Jordan tried an apple in his lunch today. It was the first he has tried any fruit since we are back from Belize in early January. He has been done with his cleanse pills for a few weeks but we are being really slow at trying new foods again. I'm kind of scared to since things are going so well.

Last week one morning Justin again left his breakfast set after just a few bites. He does not take much breakfast right now! Jordan had his breakfast already down but was still kind of hungry. He saw Justin's breakfast setting there and asked me if he can have it?? He had the green light to try new foods so I told him to take a few bites and then notice how it makes him feel. The only difference in Justin's breakfast and his was the chicken egg instead of the duck, plus a few corn chips crumbled on the top. He came home from school with diarrhea! He did not feel good all day on those few bites of Justin's breakfast! I feel it was the eggs and it will most likely be a really long time before we try chicken eggs or even dairy again!

This means to us that the cleanse has done the job. It was to clear his body of the foods it was recognizing as bad and then as we slowly reintroduce foods his body will tell him what agrees with him and what does not. This is why it is so important to go really slow! We are hoping he can have strawberries from the garden this spring/early summer!

Jenika had an emergency dentist appointment yesterday, She has a baby tooth that is breaking and kind of infected even though it is draining at this point and she does not have pain or need to be on medication. We were at the cowboy dentist yesterday for a cleaning and tomorrow we go back to have the tooth pulled. ~drama on the way!~

The soil test kit is in the mail to me and I'm excited to start my garden process, yet it sounds like an ordeal to get this new type of gardening under way. Because my garden was a field that has been chemically sprayed for years it will take pretty long and some added boosters to get it to the point of doing well with my organic seeds. The wood chips are on order to. The chickens are on order and we are excited to soon get our own eggs again. We plan to put up a fence for them this year so we won't need to move the coop so often. Fruit trees, berries, and more are on the list to be planted! I want to be outside so bad now that spring is here but I must be patient and get indoor things caught after.

Spring cleaning is not a must for me since I clean more when I get to it and it feels really dirty and not just because it's spring...:) windows get done here on regular basis yet it is time to get the long ladder out and do the higher ups again!! I do always like to go through clothes and closets though.

We seemed to have had a growth spurt here the past few months!! It will be necessary to get rid of the to small clothes and replace them with some summer ones in the bigger sizes! Justin especially! He seems to have grown a foot! I tell him he will probably be done growing now so this time when we shop for him we can get him clothes that will last him for the rest of life...:)

The kids always seem to look older when they start to wear the new batch of bigger/next size clothing! I am a Spring and Fall clothes shopper and not much in between. I like to get the on sale summer/winter items for the next year, even though sometimes I wait to long and it's already gone but I do always enjoy it when I can pull those deals out in that next season! It might be out of style but I'm not one to keep up anyway so no pressure there...:)

We are listening to the wind howl outside today and we have music going as I'm cutting out some dresses,  Javon is putting puzzles together. We are feeling so BLESSED today!! Kath planned for the family to go up to mom's work place and use the indoor pool for a few hours this evening! The kids are so excited about spending time in the water again! Especially since it will be with cousins/best friends!

Jordan is counting the days if not the hours by now until fishing season opens up this Saturday!! Mark plans to spend the night and go fishing with him along the creek banks here in our own neighborhood! His line needs the string put on yet and he plans to let my dad help him with that tonight. Dave is not patient enough for any type of fishing line issues so my dad is Jordan's go to person when he needs assistance and I love this!! Thanks Dad!! Jordan has his stuff all ready here in the corner for the past week... Check it out!!...

I love the details of the shades and hat...:) His tackle box is to the tee organized!! He looks at it and rearranges things everyday!! He had a gift card from Christmas yet from his prayer partner, it was for Walmart and he ordered a fishing rack to hold his fishing lines on in his room! He can't wait until this arrives! We checked in store for this rack but it needed to be ordered online since our store didn't have it but he was able to use his gift card so it worked out...:)

This is Javon at the moment!!... This Hammy gets rides on this truck all the time weather he wants to or not!! He hangs onto Javon's shirt off and on all day long as he does puzzles and works in his coloring books etc!! I'm always saying to him "Hammy wants to take a nap can you put him in his cage now and make sure you close the latch properly!?? He says "Oh Mom you always say that even when I just get him out and he has been sleeping for a long time!"... "Oh my" this is not my comfort zone but he spends so much time with this guy!!


Hang On Hammy and don't decide to take off PLEASE!!...:)



Hang in there... Warmer spring like weather is just around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment