Friday, January 15, 2016

Settled In...


Today it is hot. Our normal temps here are between seventy five and eighty five degrees with low humidity and a sea breeze. It's just always warm! I think I could settle in here for always but we will be home again....  someday...:)

I think it's safe to say we are settled in here... This is what I spied from the beach today....

Here my Jenika is watching the locals clean some fish from the dock... Take a look and tell me if she looks comfortable here...:)


The next time I look out I see her inside the boat with them!...


She makes friends everywhere she goes! She loves on the many dogs on the island and often as we are walking she will stop and pay attention to the dogs!

Jordan is a picture of health despite his "normal diet".... He is loving it! Today he even had a normal fudge brownie! I told him he must run (or sprint) if he wants to eat like this!! He is doing great on his runs! He almost caught me this morning as we ran to town together. Dave and Justin had left the golf cart there when they flew out on Tropic Air this morning so we had a ride back. It was a few miles and Jordan gave it all he had!!


Dave and Justin are in Placencia today. Scouting around. Setting up meetings. I was so excited when Dave texted this to me today!! Maybe there is hope for Kombucha in Belize after all!...


Today we have school in the evening again. Ariel is here now teaching the children. They have tests today and I hope they were ready! We studied on the side lots so I think they will do good. Bible Memory they say to me and they are doing great with this.

We had a different day because Dave and Justin were out of here early and we had no school this morning. I took the three kids to Neri's in town for breakfast. We had fry jacks and a burrito. No eggs. We stopped and had a treat from "The Baker" on the way home... It was fun to be out of the kitchen today. We were at the beach early since it was so sunny and hot! We are all sun kissed once again and I love to see the healthy golden tans that the kids have!

Jordan and Javon fish. It's so cute! They caught this cool fish the other morning... They head out on the bike and fish off the docks along the beach.


Jenika and I walk the beach. I love my time here with her...:) We often sneak out and she loves when I whisper in her ear and say "let's sneak away from the guys for awhile". Then we go get a drink at the coffee shop, walk the beach or just go for our daily tortilla's where I wait on the cart while she proudly goes into the small store for the tortilla's...:)


The lifestyle here...? It's like no other. We don't even have cars here! It's me. I LOVE it! I wish I could somehow bring it home with me but it never could happen. I just adjust once I'm back into the swing of things at home. I never do completely "let go" of my longing for a slower pace of life at home though.

We are right now running, eating breakfast as a family, doing family devotions all in the same time frame that we are normally "rushing" through the school morning routine at home. (no matter what time I get up we still rush to the bus stop!) Here... No lunches to pack. No appointments. No pressure to be anywhere at anytime. What time is it here!?  We call it "Belize Time" (which mean... whenever it works:}) It's great and maybe if I was smarter I'd consider home school just to try to see if the at home lifestyle would change to slower...:) We are BLESSED with a great school at home though but it does come with lots of demands!

We are settled in here for now. Will we move here?  Dave says no...:) So we will be back to our "Blessed Rat Race" all to soon... Until then we are here soaking up the slower pace everyday and the lifestyle that I love. TOGETHER MORE!

Have a BLESSED Day... I'm off to get my guys at the airport... No rush... if I don't make it they hitch a ride home with anybody that has an empty seat on there golf cart...:) It's what they do here..:)




No comments:

Post a Comment