Water!! It's not all the same.... It's different here. The beauty of it here is breathtaking and I never get tired of looking at it!.... Belize is so sunny and "hot" today...
Dave was on the mainland yesterday. I took him to the airport early in the morning and picked him up again last evening at six. He called me from Belize city and said "be hungry for dessert!" We had lobster, rice and re fried beans for supper then we saved dessert for when he got here. He was doing lots of taste testing in the city yesterday..:) First he drove to Belmopan to where the structures are being built from there he went to the city to scout out popular vendors and taste there food. If it was a go he presented them with an opportunity to set up shop here at MBV! He has a few interests and so he set up meeting here with them to show them the project here. He loved his day out and he brought us lots of "sweet" leftover tastes! Everything except the fruit cake has my vote!...:)
After school we go play... We find a place on the beach or at the park in town.
One day we did the beach water slide, we met Dave there for a bit before he headed off to work again. He introduced the slide to the kids and the instructor told them the way they need to be positioned to slide so they not get hurt. Dave went over it with them again, then again Javon before he put him on the slide. Javon went down and did it wrong. His head hit somewhere and he came out of the water in a lot of pain! Dave called to him... A few times. I heard him from the other end of the dock and I could tell something had happened. I went running and Javon was in pain and crying when I got to him. He had a nasty head bump and knowing me... I worried. I got him ice and after awhile he was in the water again but not on the slide. I can still feel the bump! We are thankful it wasn't worse!
Yesterday we went to the park in town. It was quiet because the local kids were all in school. This is a park with slides, swings, basketball court, swimming and sand all in one!...:) We spent a few hours here before heading back for supper. The sun is hot but the ocean breeze is perfect! This was our playground after school yesterday...
On the way home we had some traffic... This is what the traffic jam looks like in San Pedro!...
Here at MBV it's busy!! We have digging. We don't have water this morning and yesterday afternoon when we got home we didn't have electricity or water. The village construction is in full swing and we have to take the bad along with the good living in here among it!...
Here is a picture of what is happening in the street in front of us right now...:}
Here is the better parts...;) These parts are right outside our door to...:)
Today the kids have tests. School tests. Spelling words, Bible memory. We also got a library card after some hassle. We are not Belizian so it's a bit harder for us to get access to the simple things that we take for granted at home. I had to have a certain signature in order to get a library card. I set out to find it yesterday and after about an hour of walking here and there in town I got the card and we have library books to read. I can tell this will be great and Javon is enjoying the "I spy" books so far!
Justin got a phone number for here. Now him and Dave both have one and it's nice to be able to call from one phone to the next.
I'm off... Dave wants his laptop to get back to work... We are all enjoying it here and the adjustments are going well.

No comments:
Post a Comment