Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Africa Elections...

Dave and Rose and the compound which they are staying are on high alert these days! The election took place on Monday but they are still not sure who the new President is? Rose said they normally hear lots of horns blowing and noise coming from the streets but since Monday all has been quiet! Like to quiet! It seems they keep coming up with new reasons why they haven't been able to count the votes?? They said tension is rising. They were told to take phones to bed with them and they have a pastors meeting in the morning to go over some things. Keep praying for them!! They are praying for peace and safety!

These pictures came through the other day... We love to see how they are living as the serve in Africa!! Blessings to you Dave and Rose and kiddos!!

                                                I love this of darling Leandra!!...
This is what there living room looked like after they had some guests arrive with stuff from America!!:)

More candy then she has ever owned at one time!! Her favorite! Chocolate is rare in Africa...
I take it Leandra has taken to the food in Africa!:) They said she loves rice...:)
                        I love this of Joey!! They were ready to give out Bibles at a school...

We are praying for you guys!! May God keep his angles at every corner of your compound! May you feel Gods peace!! Thanks for the emails, updates and pictures!



This young couple is enjoying "Honeymoon" time in Mexico! I keep thinking of them soaking up the lovely Caribbean sun!! What a great time to leave PA! ~cold,wet,snowy,sloppy~
 
#wearereadyforspring!!
 
The snow we were to enjoy today never showed up!! The kids had a snow day with no school!! We will need to make up a rain day!! It's okay but at first I wasn't sure how I was going to keep the kids occupied?? I had plans to do some cleaning in preparation of being out the next two days. Then I considered dropping it and just hanging out with them in the snow but it never amounted to anything so we just all worked together for awhile then I let them make brownies from scratch in the kitchen!:)

 

They love "White Horse Reuse It" so we went out there to get out of the house this afternoon. They each got something picked out after almost an hour there...:) The hangout is fun there cause it's kid friendly. We dropped Justin off at school afterwards. He is off for his quiz getaway! He will start the evening off with ice breaker games and they start the quizzing in the morning. They quiz most of the day tomorrow then Friday they have playoffs and will be there until they are out of it...:)

Dave, Jordan and I head out early tomorrow to be at CHOP for Jordan's "Immune Doctor" appointment. We need to be there early then we plan to go watch Justin quiz after Jordan's appointment. Jordan gets to take another day off of school!:) Rachel Ann will be here bright and early to stay with the Little's and keep house! Maybe cleaning tomorrow maybe Friday? Since she will be here both days!! Love her and what she means to our family!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment