Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Morning at Home...

I sit here on a Sunday morning, I can not remember the last time I was home on a Sunday morning! We love to get up early on Sundays and start off with a hard run, a light breakfast, we wake the kiddos and our Sunday mornings are something I treasure. We are out the door on time since Dave and I both like to get to church at a relaxing speed...:) Dave did a four and a half mile run with Mark Andrew (his brother) this morning while I caught some more sleep!! Jenika had me up some during the night and I was not up for a run! Dave came back from his hard/hilly run and as he woke me I said "that sleep was way more fun then running!" But he gets to feel amazing today without me...;/

This morning has my Miss Jenika on the couch... She has been struggling since Friday. She has slight fevers and no appetite or energy. She wants cuddled 24/7!  I do my best to hold her a lot. Some of my household duties got set aside yesterday for her. She does seem to perk up at times but she is not her energetic self. The whole house seems more quiet and calm since she is down! We have a stack of Library books I have been reading over and over! We have a puzzle she got out but we haven't gotten to far on it yet.

I had my juicer going this morning to! I juiced Jenika oranges for vitamin c but she only drank half before falling asleep. Dave enjoyed his juice on the way to church... it was 2 apples, ginger and cinnamon. It was really good! After he left I juiced for myself... colored greens, kale, carrots, ginger, 1 apple then a sprinkle of cinnamon. It was green colored so I was thinking I'd have to hold my nose to drink it but it was actually really good.!

Our church has a talent show this evening. I'm hoping Jenika will be well to go but I'm making no promises. Dave and I had a skit we were planning to do (which is so not my comfort zone! but I had decided to give it a shot!) This is always a great time of laughter with our church family!!

We were up late last night having a great discussion on life with the boys! It gets interesting around here with growing boys! We find we need to work harder to keep unity, love, kindness and respect within our family structure. Discipline was needed for certain reasons and I choose to put those things in my personal writing journal but it really is a battle worth fighting when it comes to our children and there eternal destiny!

I met up with Jenika's preschool teacher at the library the other evening and she was kind of discouraged about how fast preschool has taken a downward spiral! She taught at this preschool for 26 years! This will be her last year. She said she has six boys in her class this year. (a small class) but she has her hands full of attitude! Worse then ever! She says it came gradually at first but all of the sudden it's full force! She got teary eyed as she feels helpless and yet has a heart for these children! I felt bad for her! So many of the kids have unstable single parent homes and it shows up in the children!  God is not in the homes and that alone makes them chaotic!

Family structure takes work and effort and I'm finding it gets harder with age and the day we live in with the many distractions out there for youth and teens! (and all of us!)  We love our children to much to stand idol while the devil tries to raise havoc! I feel like I'm going off!... We are working on family value and what we want to stand for as a family. A work in progress and I'm sure we will fail over and over after all we are human. Being aware and involved in the lives of our children and teens is key but it's so easy to get wrapped up in other things! I tell the boys over and over again that our main goal and focus is to all reach Heaven's gates and live with Jesus for all eternity TOGETHER!! Let us not get side tracked with our selfish nature or give an inch to the devil!! He will use it against us and have fun doing it to!!

As I sat for devotions I remembered it is "Council Meeting" at church today. Always an interesting day going through the "Old Testament" learning from those pages of the Bible. It is a longer day but always very interesting and I'm sad to miss it! Jenika seemed relived when I told her the guys all went to church without us. (she was asleep when they left)  She asked me if we are going to? Her body seemed weak as she was asking...:) I told her "No I will stay here all morning Doctoring you up" But she has just been sleeping ever since! I guess rest is better then anything right now. She will be back to her busy self soon.

I just heard her calling my name...  Have a blessed Sunday


A good reminder...



No comments:

Post a Comment