Monday, March 11, 2013

Dare we think Spring for good??!!


I have been wanting to post all week-end but we were so busy enjoying the lovely sunshiny Spring like weather!! It was such a refreshing feeling Saturday morning after Dave and I did a 4-5 mile run in the warmer not so windy weather! He still runs with me even when he knows I'd much rather run alone!...:} I like that we both run but running alone takes my mind places and he can be a distraction.:)

The boys were a big help over the week-end! We got the porches back from the birds, washed them off and set up the outdoor furniture and Justin put together a brand new fire pit we got for Christmas.
We are now ready for campfire parties!! Bring on warm weather!!

Jenika loves to keep the bird feeders full so we just moved them out in the yard for now...
 

We had our special "after quiz celebration" supper Saturday evening! This was great!! Dave and the boys cleaned out the garage burned lots of trash and "fireworks!" Dave threw a handful of small fireworks into the burn barrel!! The boys sure had a scary few moments!! (while there father stood back and laughed and laughed at them!) Here is the evidence...

  
The supper table...

 
Setting up to make sushi...
 
Yes I made sushi again...:) It was great but we had chicken wings, steaks, shrimp and potatoes with special drinks, by the time we got to the sushi we were not very hungry anymore. We had leftovers of everything for our Sunday lunch.
 
Last evening we were invited to sister Kath's for pizza (Thanks Marilyn!) Kath and her family were in Florida for two weeks so it was good to see them again! Mom and Dad are on the way home from Florida today. I wonder who would need to be in Florida with it so warm around here??!! I dare to hope it lasts this time??!! We are so happy to see Spring coming!!
 
Love him!!
I captured this on one of the lovely days!! He was waiting here for Javon to deliver him shorts and flip flops!! He was sure it was warm enough but I wasn't convinced!!

Jordan was throwing up during the night Saturday night and missed church yesterday. We are thankful he snapped out of it! Maybe it is time to up his medication dose after all? He seems to have a weak spot for the belly bug.



The  above quote grabbed my attention. I know I'm all new to this teenage thing but it seems to catch me off guard at times! I find this age needs lots of nurturing in a whole new way! Justin is finding his place in life and he is making friends that will most likely last a long time! Choosing friends seems like a huge important process to staying true to God's will. How do we help him choose good Christian friends?  I have much to learn but so far I love this teenage stage.

Since quizzing is over now we are starting to think about "Little League" another year. Do we or do we not??!!

Last year was a little stressful with the ballgames... I must admit! We are busy evenings and our summer seems to fly by so fast! We start ball practice in the spring and the games are supposed to be over by July but so often we have rain make up games and we go well into summer. (with a few all day tournaments to)  Thunderstorms would pop up just when we were heading to the games. The little ones had to be pulled away from there bikes to rush out to the games! I just wasn't sure I was up to another year of this??  Dave says they can play if I dedicate the time to taking them.??!!~ He has so much going on and things often come up for him so he don't want to promise to make all the games.

The boys have been wanting to get an in ground basketball net for a while now so I randomly asked if they would like to have a basketball team here this summer rather then baseball? (if we get them a good net?)  Justin was all over it!!:) I told them they can swim after games (once pool is set up) I'll make pizza or snack for the once a week games! So now for the planning... We want to make schedules and Justin is spreading the word to friends about it! If you know of someone that would like to play basketball once a week here contact us. We want to make this fun for them and yet not so stressful on the family life in the process! (note to parents... you will be welcome also, to cheer the teams :))

We have a gym and chiropracter scheduled for this evening. I'm not so sure about the new time change? It was almost daylight enough to go back to running in the morning but now it seems really dark in the morning again!? I know it will change soon. We will enjoy the longer evenings I'm sure!. Dave and I workout together at the gym...yes I hate it! (he almost kills me!) But it does me good. I want to run without injury this summer so I need to make the most of our last few months of gym membership.


 We got an email from Africa... They do know who won the election but it's the new guy and the old President does not want to give up yet! They are talking about maybe a rerun??!!
Rose said Dave woke her early, early the other morning and she said they heard lots of cheers, shouting, gunshots and stuff going on beyound there compound!! She said she cannot imagine what it must have looked like!! I guess it was when they got a good idea who won because the final announcement was not made until that evening!
 
Yesterday we got another email and the heading was in BIG letters...EMERGENCY!!!! My heart kinda did a flip flop as I quickly opened the email!! (Josiah you had me!! lol!)  It was from Josiah indicating that they were running out of caramel syrup and frappe powder!! He seemed to think the emergency would be serious were they to run out of this stuff!! I think this is one touch of America that they really enjoy in Africa!! (the latte machine that they took along)
 We love your emails guys!! Thanks for the updates!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment