Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hot Chocolate Day...:)

One of these days...

We have had a steady rain all day! It has slowed some now but what a lovely day to stay inside in Pj's all day! Jenika has school tomorrow instead of today so it was a perfect day for her to sleep longer and stay cozy inside as well.

I'm feeling blessed today! The house is warm and dry and watching the rain as we color in books and read story after story and play connect four in our Pj's is something I consider a HUGE blessing!!
The washer and dryer is going most of the day. I'm taking time between kids activities to fold laundry to.

We also baked bread today... I got a few new spreads at Wegman's. I do not eat much bread at all but I did try this coconut spread on a piece of warm bread today.. It was so my type of spread!

I told Dave the other day I'd be up for the "no dairy" challenge for a month or two to see if we feel a difference? He thought we could do it pretty easily as I was naming the things we would need to cut out,... until I came to the cheese part! We love cheese of all kinds and it's in our diets almost everyday!

                                            This is good to... tastes more like homemade butter

Dave is out of office today having a different day. They took the whole shop crew to New Jersey today to help with Hurricane Sandy clean up. He text ed me a few pictures and it looks like a messy job but I'm sure he was up for the adventure with the crew!

Today was probably the closest I got yet to that "Hot Chocolate" day on my easy chair!:) remember the one I was talking about since last fall!:) I had coffee as I was reading on the chair and I sighed with contentment as I watched it rain and hung out with my Little's!:) I guess we all need a lazy day every now and then! I'm sure as soon as the weather is nice I'll be itching to dig in the dirt and clean windows!:) I would have had more then enough of projects I could have started indoors today but I chose to enjoy the slower pace enjoying my Little's.

Chicken pie is baking in the oven for a quick supper. The boys biked to "Dutch Way" for a few things Justin declared he needs!:) His luggage from the retreat last week was put into the wrong van (by him) and it went home with who knows who?? He has lost track of it!! He has his name in at lost and found at the retreat and we are hoping someone turns it in because he had a few favorite shirts, pants and stuff packed in those bags! He also had his hair gel, shampoo, and body wash in there and he was sure he went long enough using my stuff! The rain has stopped and the exercise is good for them so off they went.

I might even get "Hot Chocolate" out to enjoy with the kids this evening while Dave is out for an evening meeting... Might as well end the day lazy, it's just been one of those days...:)

                                   Here's another healthy quote I liked... A great reminder to me...
                                                 

                                              Have a blessed evening... Our God is so good...!

No comments:

Post a Comment