If this is not your interest I'll be back to normal next month...;) It has become more of a passion for me the last few years. I have always loved exercise and it is totally my stress outlet! I can not imagine my life without it! For those of you that are not into it and want to get into it, it takes discipline at first and most times you will HATE it! But the good news is once it becomes a lifestyle you will never want to go without it! That's how it is many times! I love this quote...
Ever since Jordan has been diagnosed with CVID I have made it a goal to help our family make the healthier choice. I cannot say it is easy! The boys are growing and love to eat. They love sugar! I try to have healthy food here for them and they do good with eating it. The only thing is when they get out of the house or we go to a party of some kind and they have a choice to make... healthy or brownies? They still always go for the brownies!
They are not deprived and eat very well but I rarely have anything baked in the house! You will not find chips,cookies,cheese curls or many snacks at all in our pantry! I try to have many fruits and veggies on hand so I can whip up smoothies or juice something. I create new foods for them to taste every week and they are great at tasting everything I make! They have created a taste for hot sauce and often dump it on whatever they eat! (a Belize thing!)
We have found a love for running and eating healthy goes hand in hand with this! Dave has better discipline then I do so he is really good for me...:) I love to eat then just run it off but he often skips meals just to keep the scales where he thinks it needs to be...:)
Breakfast is huge here at our house. We eat a good hot healthy breakfast. I have stopped buying syrup, the boys all love any egg creation I make but Jenika is another story! She still prefers oatmeal, cereal or a pancake without syrup over eggs!
The lunches are often a variety of different foods. I pack a fruit or a frozen smoothie for dessert. Justin loves fruit with a drizzle of chocolate. Wraps, soup or a dish that I had made is the base. We heat it up and put it in the new "keep hot" containers and it works great. Jenika always has a different lunch then the boys! She is a tough one!:/ Kindergarten mornings can be stressful with her getting a different lunch and a different breakfast! I know, I know why cater to that?? But she will not eat then! She does like healthy but just different from the boys. She likes kiwi, bananas and grapes the best so if all else fails I keep those on hand...:) Supper is often just light snacking or a smoothie, we go to bed emptier sometimes but then we are hungry for breakfast...;)
She had a dentist appointment this morning... She has a numb mouth and another tooth got filled. She has had so much tooth drama already! A few years ago she had a few pulled. One major molar. They will need to fill in with a spacer so it doesn't cause crowding problems later. That will be done at a later visit. She was brave today but she still hates it! I don't blame her! One more reason to cut down on her sugar intake!
Her mouth is still sleeping but she wanted to eat fruit...I have much to learn on the healthy living thing but I do enjoy it most times. I read and research. I'm currently looking online at how to make my own sushi!...:) I want to brave it and try that soon!
March is thaw out month in PA... I'm excited to get out and dig in the dirt! I want to get more into gardening this year. We plan to get chickens again soon to. Right now we are getting eggs from neighbors but I miss having our own. We get "Raw" milk from neighbors every Monday. (this is great!) I make the bread we eat. (looking into a healthier one but this could be a challenge!)
I will be mixing in healthy quotes with my March posts...:) Hope you enjoy. We all could learn much about our food in America! They are feeding people poisons and they are totally unaware!!
Have a blessed Monday... I'm hearing someting about a SNOWSTORM~!~!??~!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment