Jenika's birthday falls into one of the most beautiful months of the year! I always enjoy all the beauty around us when we head out to do her birthday pictures!
Today after church just her and I headed out for a lovely nature hike...:) It took us out behind the house and through the vineyards and we came across this lovely creek just down from our house yet never discovered by us! It reminded me of the park we like. Jenika was giddy with excitement because she so loves this kind of thing! She kept thanking me for bringing her here to this lovely spot!...:) I kept hearing her say things like... "If you are with me out here in the woods then I'm not scared at all"! She was attacked last fall closer to the vineyards by the "winery dogs" (as we call them) and I think she is still haunted because she kept mentioning these dogs to!
Anyway her and I sure enjoyed this walk and the beauty was all around us... The sun was a bit bright for picture taking but they turned out great and she was loving the attention! She got this chair from Sam and Marilyn's family last evening at her party and she insisted on taking pictures on it...:) We carried it down for one shoot then we ditched it and found the water. (which she absolutely loved!)
![]() |
| her excitement on finding a waterfall was evident here...:) |
We took pictures until the camera battery died. Somewhere around one hundred of them but I'll stop now and just keep the rest in file...:)
Jenika's party was so much fun last evening with my family! Even Uncle Allen was here with us and we were so delighted to have him! The big guys made a football field yesterday with paint and wood sticks markings so Justin and Jordan enjoyed this field with Mark and Allen!! They came in sweaty even though it was chilly out!
This was yesterday afternoon when she was having fun decorating her cake...:)
Blowing out the candles...
She had a blast last night with her cousins! She is so into painting right now and she got some paints and workbooks from Dawdy's. I took her to Wal-Mart yesterday with the reminder that she got a pony and a four wheeler this summer. I gave her twenty dollars to spend and she had a really hard time choosing something for that amount but she was great and grown up about it! She was thrilled to be walking the toy aisle over and over! I kept finding her at the stuffed animals!
I was thinking surely not another stuffed animal!! But when it came down to it she got a stuffed bunny!! She had some money left so we went to the paint aisle and she got large painting paper and paints!! I now have lots of paintings drying in the nook!
Happy Birthday Jenika!!
This was kind of rushed... We are off to a burger party... I will add to it later...:)












No comments:
Post a Comment