It was a relaxing afternoon today with a much needed few hour nap! It was a busier Sunday then we are used to, especially for our communion service Sunday but all went well with the lunch and we can now chalk that one off for awhile. Sure makes us appreciate the work others put into church fellowship meal when we get to have lunch served to our hungry family and then just leave soon after the meal! Thanks so much to all the ladies that helped and then also thanks to the faithful ones that just randomly show up to do the dishes after the meal!
We had plenty of meatballs left! I could have rolled many less meatballs but they went home with others to hopefully bless them this next week. We had a nice amount of other things left to but nothing overboard and it is better to have left then run out! I came home after Dave did a head count this morning for all my macaroni's I had on hand. I decided to quick cook up sixteen pounds of pasta yet and I'm glad I did to because It got all and we only had a small amount of potatoes left! I'm thankful for keeping pasta on hand. I rarely cook macaroni's for just us but it's still something that keeps and I like to keep plenty on hand. I did not have cheese (Velveeta) though so I just added a creamy alfredo sauce that worked out fine.
My guys were out on this lovely evening playing football...
I sat on the side porch in the sun with my magazine for awhile. It is such a pretty time of the year here!
We are again glad to have the man of the house back. It never seems like a long time before he goes on another trip but we are always happy to have him back.
Justin helped me load up the grape juice at Peters and unload onto the garage shelves. We sure had a loaded down van but we got it done and I'm happy to chalk that one off for another year.
The rains we had sure made a mess of things in our neighborhood! We only had school until lunch time on Friday because of flooded roads! The cleaning was done just in time to get them and Javon at school then we had lunch and headed to the library. How else was I to occupy them on a rainy afternoon while I do meatballs? A movie? Yes I think so!... It worked great to entertain the Little's, then after they were in bed Friday evening Jordan made popcorn and me and the older boys had a movie night to..:) We watched an old time movie ~Radio~ Has a great story and is based on a true story. I like those kind but when Justin started it he looked at me cross eyed and said "What's this? From back in the 80's??" It was even!! But he did tell me it was one of my better choices I have made...:) Probably it was the first movie I watched in months!... Maybe with Winter ahead we will do movie night more often. It's fun if I just get sitting.
Jordan has his treatment this week, Javon has a field trip to a pumpkin farm, I have a fun ladies night out coming up this week with the church ladies... I look forward to this banquet with the church ladies every year! Ladies bible study in the morning will be a great way to start my week to!
Javon has no school tomorrow because of "Columbus Day" so he is looking forward to going to the kids corner at bible study with Leanna and Austin. Mostly we are happy to have Dave home this next week! Something just does not feel right with him absent for to many days!
I have an "Old Time" post brewing... I'm hoping to get to it next week but here is a taste... Can you guess who this is??? I'll tell you on the old time post next week sometime... Until then I'll keep you guessing...:)
Be a BLESSING this week...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment