Thursday, October 17, 2013

"Old Times"

Pumpkin has been going on here this morning... Canning pumpkin and making pies for supper...
These pumpkins are great. The color is really orange and the pies we made look great. I like to make pumpkin pies some during the pumpkin season. It is one of our favorites. I know they are not the greatest for "low sugar" but I try to make them only a few times a season and we so enjoy them!

Tonight is supper night so we have chicken legs ready to bake. I peeled some sweet potatoes and apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey, bake until soft then puree them. Hope they are a hit, I love sweet potatoes anyway so I won't be the one needing the convincing! Steamed veggies and spaghetti squash are on the menu to. I love the Thursday night suppers together. Tonight is Justin's turn to help in the kitchen. Yard work needs done this week yet and I'd like to get a run before supper... I should not be sitting here at the computer but... Here goes the "Old Time" post...

This is my mom in her school years... Who figured it out??

Most of these old pictures are pictures of pictures since I do not have them on my computer so the quality is pretty poor but the idea is the same and I had fun going through them!

This is my Dad and his siblings in the teen years for him...! My mom is the one in blue so I assume they were dating...My dad is the one on the right sitting on the couch...!!

We are very close to the Dienner's!  I still know and love all of these uncles and aunts and all of there children!!! I have the best cousins on both mom and dads side of the family!  We grew up very close and I love this!

Me as a little tot...



Sis Marilyn and I
                                               Older still...



 
My guy... He came along when I was sixteen... we were instant friends!
 
Engagement pics... 1996
 
Our first home... We lived here for ten years and loved it!!
 
Our Baby's...


 

We built our dream home in 2006. I sometimes miss some things about the little place in Limeville but I wouldn't want to go back! Proof we had lots and lots of leaves!...

Jenika in the leaves!!
Building and moving was so much work but we enjoyed it to!

snowstorm in 09


Children grow up in what seems like a blink at times!!


My adorable baby girl!!

My Little ones...

Jenika...

We all have a story and maybe one day I'll share mine from little up but for now I'm so happy to have pictures to look back on! I'm thankful for pictures of my parents as children! I'm thankful for pictures of myself and Dave as children! I love to take pictures of my children as often as possible because I just don't think you can capture to many moments! And they seem to go by faster every year!!

I'm off for now..

 Hope you enjoyed the glance of my life way back in my younger days...:)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment