I set about packing lunches and making breakfast, all the while listening to Jenika chatter on and on! She has put our "quiet mornings" long behind us since she has joined the school band wagon. Jordan knows he better get all his homework done before she finds her place on the bar beside him, because he will not be able to concentrate at all after she arrives in the kitchen! She talks from morning until night and I have yet to figure out how Miss Fisher gets her to be quiet long enough to do her school work...:) But she is doing something right because Jenika is now able to read some books to me!! She loves to sound out words!
I take them to school every morning, and I enjoy this to...:) We talk or study words on the way and Ashley and Martina are also with us so most times the guys can't even be heard over the three girls...:) They walk home from school then, which is great for an after school stress reliever for them! Most times Jenika and Martina don't show there faces for an hour or more after the others...!:) They seem to be the best of friends!:)
We picked Micah up off of his bus today and he has been here with us ever since... These two have become great friends!...
I'm so proud of Micah!! He has come such a long way the past year! I remember when it made me nervous to watch him. He would sometimes wonder off and with not hearing I was always more on edge when I was in charge of him. He made loud annoying noises at times and communicating was always hard. (even though him and Javon always seemed to have there own language)
Today I peeked into Micah's school backpack and his note from the teacher for today said this... "Micah Rocks Speech!" ~Love it!~
He is a total blast these days and I have been hearing so many giggles from him and Javon today!! He talks very clear and has amazing manners! For not hearing at all until he was two years old, Micah is amazing and I think he has wonderful potential for his life ahead!
Here I caught them trying out Jordan's "Super Hero" cape... They were having a BLAST!~
A while back Jordan's specialty pharmacy called me and asked if they could send Jordan a "Super Hero" cape? They wanted to send them to all the patients just to let them know that they are special "Super Hero's" for dealing with an illness. So far Javon has gotten more out of this thing then Jordan but I thought it was special anyway. A lady felt the calling to knit these for children dealing with life long illnesses. She put Jordan's initial on the back and it's perfect that it's also Javon's initial..:)
I had to think, Micah also deserves a "Super Hero" cape. He has come such a long ways and is such a special guy! I don't think we have any idea what Jordan or Micah or children like them really go through, and yet they are so pleasant and make the best of life just as they have it... I hang this cape over Jordan's bed and it is a reminder to me that he is a "hero" for being so brave with his issues all these years!
This takes me off on a bunny trail...
I was learning more on GMO's and the havoc they are creating in our Country! Japan has denied a huge huge wheat crop from us this year due to traces of GMO's, even though it was a GMO free seed. These seeds now cross pollinated and it is now almost beyond control! It has been twenty years since they started GMO seeds and they are already seeing horrible results! They are currently looking for another chemical of some kind to cover up the damage being done by these GMO's because people are starting to become aware of it and the company's have lots and lots at stake here!!
Even the health care systems would not appreciate it if everyone was well because this is another huge money hog in our Country! So we just create more drugs instead of killing the root problem! I get a tad carried away and frustrated about this situation! Especially when it is so hard and way more expensive to eat healthy!! Real food always costs more...:(
It makes me think that God will not be blessing America if we mess with the food he has created for us in it's REAL state. Our children are now becoming sick with things that some years ago there was no names for! These bad food choices made by our Country are now having affects on our next innocent generations. Makes me wonder if things like Jordan and Micah's health issues could have been avoided?? We will never know and we trust that God has allowed these things for a purpose, but since I'm becoming more passionate about food and what our Country says is OK to eat, is really not OK! Yet we can hardly get away from it! They make it extremely hard to get completely away from GMO's! (it is poison, killing us slowly!) So Sad!!
I like to think the "Baby steps" we take make a difference in the longer run and simple awareness can be a huge start! Making a difference for my family is my goal but it's hard when they make remarks like..."Does this toast have the "feet butter" on it??" Because Jordan made the comment that the homemade butter I am trying to get accustomed to tastes like stinky feet!! How he knows what that tastes like Justin wondered??
I have found with other things along our "Baby Steppin" that once they eat the real thing long enough and get used to it, they don't even want to go back to the fake stuff that our bodies don't even recognize as food. I'm hoping this will be the case with the "feet butter" to!...:)
I'm off to check on Javon and Micah... I haven't heard them for a bit...
Lets make a difference where we can... For the sake of our "Super Hero's!
I love quotes, I have hundreds of them!! Here are a few more that caught my attention...
I change them up from time to time as my screen saver on my phone for great life reminders...
Be a Blessing to someone today...



.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment