Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stressed ~or~ Blessed??

I was knee deep into grape juice today...
I dropped off Javon at preschool and got started soon after nine this morning. I got the last jar off the caners at five thirty this evening. A long day in this shop on the concrete floor but I gear myself for this day and it feels great to do it all in one shot and be done with it.  I know it's crazy!! 100 gallons of this drink!! It seems unreal but last year I did only 90 gallons and we have been out for about three weeks! I did the whole 100 gallons this year!

No matter when you come to our house you would find grape juice opened in the fridge! We drink this and that's pretty much it... No other juices, mixed drinks or sodas unless we are expecting guests then I might make something else. It feels good that it's better for you then most drinks and Javon especially takes to this stuff! I often found him to complain of stomach ache or catch a cold if he goes without his grape juice for to many days in a row!

I will be knee deep in meatballs tomorrow! We are in charge of our church communion lunch on Sunday so I've been trying to get a simple, quick, easy menu together... Not so sure after all if this was the simple, easy or quick!!?? I did roll out some of them already and have the meat all mixed and ready for rolling so the hard part is done. I bake them just a bit to hold them together then they go into a crock pot warmer thing with sauce. The 50 pounds of potatoes will also be waiting to do something with yet. Think I'll keep it simple and just cook them as they are and season them up with a good seasoning, sauce and cheese, that makes anything good!  I'll be googling "potatoes for a crowd made simple" sometime before I do these. I have two other ladies helping me so I don't have the whole meal alone. Our turn for this does not come around very often at all so I don't mind doing my part here! It is always a treat for me when I don't need to make Sunday lunch when others are doing the cooking.


The yard work got done yesterday and will most likely be all I will get to this week! The flowers need pulled and the shrubs and grasses all need a chopping, pond plants need cut back and I will be spending many more hours outdoors to get ready for Winter here, but it will wait another week or so while we enjoy the colors of fall! I'm sure we are not the only ones with many leaves!! I love that we are mostly in the open though, with the woods all surrounding us yet a good ways off! This means that all of the leaves in the yard just blow away! We do not have trees on the west side of the house and the wind almost always comes from the west here so we just watch the leaves all blow off into the fields away from the yard!! I sure had my share of leaves at the old house for ten years!! I'm now enjoying the raking break!... We loved it though and maybe I'll share some pictures of those leafy days on here sometime this fall yet...:)

I had these two darlings while Kath did some shopping yesterday... I just don't think they get any cuter then these two!! I love those Dienner eyes! Some of my kids are blessed with those gorgeous Dienner eyes to but these two just shine to me... What do you think???

Leanna and Austin... Aunt Suz loves you so much!! I love when you spend time at my house!!
Austin had a blast on the wheeler!! The faster Javon went the harder he giggled!!

Javon said he was giving Leanna a ride "His Slowest" which must not be fast at all because even flat pedal on this thing is not fast but she just hung on to him for life and kept telling him to go slower!! She was even crying for off a few times but still she wanted to ride because she saw Austin loving it! Javon was usually glad to trade her in for Austin again so he could be comfortable and go faster...:) What a blast they had!!

Dave had the two oldest boys out this evening to shoot the bows! He had them to Lancaster Archery to make a few adjustments on Justin's bow because he has grown so much this past year!!

Jordan is not so well and is starting to drag again! His treatment is next week but he can hardly stay well from one treatment to the next right now!? He slept on the couch last night with an earache and it popped and went shut again!! We are going to try putting him on some vitamins to get him a boost for the Winter ahead!

I'm off for some much needed rest... Last night during the night Jordan had me up for a while, being his Dr Mom and an hour or so later Javon wakes and discovers Jordan missing and does not appreciate sleeping alone so I move him in with Jen. She wakes early this morning when I was in the kitchen packing the lunches, it was still early for her to get up but she came to the kitchen with a huff! She said whoever moved him to my bed made a big mistake cause I didn't get a wink of sleep ALL night!! I said "Aw Honey you were sleeping soundly when I tucked him in your bed on the other end. She said "No I wasn't I was just closing my eyes!! LOVE HER!!

So nobody really slept much... Oh well we are to BLESSED to be STRESSED!!

Have a Blessed one...:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment