Sunday, October 6, 2013

Late night cooking...

 
 
I sat at the campfire by myself and gazed at the amazing sky full of bright stars for a long time but a campfire without Dave just didn't feel right and I wasn't really ready for bed yet. The kids were in bed by 8:30 because they were all so tired! They played hard today with no breaks and after bath time it was obvious the Little's were beyond exhausted! They fight, hurt themselves, and what not when they are so tired! So we had down time early here...:)
 
After sitting at the campfire for awhile I decided to find something to create in the kitchen for Dave's lunch this week and I also made a feast for breakfast in the morning, this will just need to be stuck into the oven! So handy! I think we will be off to a good start if I don't stay up to late now...:}
 
Lori had us for lunch today and it was a treat! Thanks Lori and kiddos for having us!!
 
I put a roast, some potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions into the crock pot this morning early then headed out for a three mile run before church. Lori invited us up there then so we just took our dish up to her house and she grilled some grillers to go with it.. We chatted over pumpkin pie and coffee as the kids played and Justin watched football...:) It made our afternoon go faster...
 
I brought home the leftover pot roast and this is then what I used to create Dave's dish for the next few days...:) Bed of rice, (infused with cream and one of my new oils:)) mushrooms and onions, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli lightly steamed then the meat and some leftover crab meat I had, sauce and cheese...
 
The breakfast casserole is ready to stick into the oven as well... Sausage, peppers, eggs, cheddar cheese, all on top of crescent rolls... I also made a small dish of french toast casserole with my homemade bread... My kids will be so delighted to find these dishes in the kitchen when they come down for school! I always cook a good breakfast but not to often this type...:) I think not eating since the big lunch meal had me hungry this evening and I can do creative things in my kitchen when I'm hungry! Why is that??...:)
 
My house now smells amazing from cooking breakfast/lunch, I better get to bed before I eat something that I will wish I wouldn't have at this hour...:)
 
I used coconut oil in many of these dishes and I came across this today... I guess the benefits of using this instead of butter is a good habit that I started a while back...:) I use coconut oil almost everyday, but then I am a coconut lover!!
 
Dave's plane was delayed. I was hoping to wait up for him but I don't think that would be a good idea anymore with having a busy week ahead I better get to bed... Good night~!
 
Be a blessing to someone this week!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment