Yesterday was busy and this morning was to! I have been wanting to get on here as I know my family is waiting for news from us...:) We arrived here about 2:30 yesterday after catching three flights. The flights went smooth and we napped when we could get comfortable enough...:)
Last night we had sushi at Blue Water Grill along with other yummy dishes and key lime pie to top it off! My sensitive stomach is struggling a bit since we are here but it will straighten out soon.
This was us as breakfast this morning... We ate at a local place down town along the beach. The food was great!
For some reason the power went off for about four hours last night. It was so hot to sleep and it was a really long night! We have two beds in our room and Dave went over to the other bed because we were both tossing and turning! He said he was getting mosquito eatin to..:)
This morning when the dawn broke I was tired but still so ready to get out of that bed! I walked to the bay out back and watched the sun rise...
We did a tour of the island this morning from the sky! I know "Mom" you are flipping out. It's okay. It was perfectly safe and it was great to see the island that has captured a piece of my heart from the sky... We are here ready for take off...
A few pictures of Mahogany Bay Village from the sky...
Undeveloped land up north... I tell Dave I'd like to bring our house down here and plop it here...:) If I bug him anymore about moving me down here it would be nagging so I'll stop now...:) I would want to move al my family and friends to!
We have the privilege of staying at MBV (Mahogany Bay Village) while we are here this time. It is still under major construction and not open for business but this lot that we invested in happens to fully finished and furnished to. They use it as a show model. So we are enjoying this little place here even among all the dirt and noise of the construction going on around us...:)
We are going to find some water to cool off! We are enjoying today since the field trip starts tonight and then Dave will be kept pretty busy until Monday sometime when the field trip ends. I on the other hand plan to have lots of time on my hands with reading, blogging, education and soaking up some sun since I'm not meeting up with the field trip group until evenings when they do dinner...:)
It's great to be here in Belize!!
Roxy give those kiddos hugs for me!! Guys are you enjoying Matthew and Roxy time?? Jenika put a jacket in your mountain suitcase yet since I forgot to put one in... You might need it! I on the other hand can tell I brought way to many long sleeve shirts and jackets on this trip! Belize is very warm this time of the year!!
We are meeting up with the group for dinner at Blue Water Grill this evening. If we have electricity and it don't get to late I might be back on later if not I'll be back tomorrow while Dave is busy touring the island on the ground...:)
It takes long to post here so I will only keep them short and catch up at home...
Thanks for joining us on our journey to Belize...:)







Hey looks like you guys are having fun... Javon says hi an he misses you... he is telling me what to write.. lol he is having fun with Ava's fire truck and he loves playing with her and she totally adores him he goes to her room when she wakes and she gets so excited I told he might as well live here for always and he thought that would be awesome cause then he could play with Ava all the time... but im sure the minute he sees you he will change his mind... Enjoy your time away...
ReplyDelete