Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Happy Birthday Jenika!!
Our princess turned eight yesterday....
She is so much fun at this age!! She still loves action packed fun!! Never a dull moment!
My prayer everyday is that God would give me wisdom and patience to teach and train her up in the way that he wants her to go! She is so special to me yet challenging at times with her outgoing, determined "don't tell me anything" type of personality. I want to realize the nature of her personality and train according. I want her to grow up learning the value of being a servant at heart and not always the one being served "like she seems to like"... Oh my she needs oh so much training yet! I keep telling her... "With eight comes???... RESPONSIBILITY!" She don't want to hear it but I'm thinking it's high time to crack down on her as she is growing into a little lady right before our very eyes and I feel like I have been slacking in her training as a girl! When I think back of myself at her age I was already selling drinks at market, doing laundry and many other things that my mom so patiently taught me!
This girl does not appreciate chores of any kind. She leaves a trail everywhere she goes! She does love the party of life so she is often found on the golf cart or outside somewhere playing and even many times with cousins! I often look at the messes she creates and then out the window at her playing and I can't believe that you would just walk away from such a mess to go play! Way to many times I put her messes away myself just because I'm better and faster but it has not been healthy for her and I'm really starting to see this as she gets older!
We started off right away this morning with a training session... This resulted into a meltdown by her... She LOVES sweets!!! She LOVES syrup!! A way back already she was caught sneaking the syrup and drinking it behind the toy room chairs! She will slather her pancakes and French toast with syrup!! I have started buying only pure maple syrup pretty long ago now but still, she uses tons of it if I let her!!
This morning I made French toast. This is Jordan friendly with his bread and eggs so it's really a healthy food until it comes down to the syrup! Some of the kids like cream and fruit with it but Jenika still likes only syrup! She likes to pull piece by piece of her French toast apart and then dunk that bite over and over in her puddle of maple syrup!! This morning I tried to be patient as I taught her (Again!) the proper way of eating french toast and that is just with a drizzle...! Tears and drama before school today but she was happy again by the time we went out the door so I hope it will go better next time we try French toast for breakfast!
She is still the animal lover of the family!! I will tell you if she can love this ugly dog the way she does you must know she is a HUGE animal lover!! Check out her and Sasha here... I could not even keep this dog away from her long enough to get good pictures of her so I just took them with the dog on them! This is so her natural self!! The pictures were getting all cheesy until I finally just let Sash in on them!...
She got to choose the supper menu last night! She chose "like her dad style" Mashed potatoes, Pasta, tender meat (came off the smoker) and peas. I had to swap the peas for broccoli and cauliflower but other then that it was made to order style...:) She wanted warm brownie and ice cream for dessert so Jordan made his style brownies and we put candles in the brownie!...:) It was a huge highlight!
Her day at school was great!! She got a few gifts and had privileges just because it was her special day! She has such a great teacher this year!! She is a blast just like Jen and they get along so well!..:)
Her prayer partner gave her a new scarf...:) Thanks Sherry!!
She now has an Alarm Clock!! I kept telling her I was going to get her one and she couldn't wait to wake herself up for school! Today was the first day for her new alarm clock and I can tell we will all benefit from this thing! The boys used to wake her as they passed her room in the morning but sometimes it wasn't done gently and she would be so disturbed as soon as she came into the kitchen in the morning...:) She also got lots of markers and workbooks which she has spent so much time already!
Oh how we love this girl!! I cannot imagine how dull my life would have been already without her!! She was always our busy body and she still is but I can also tell that she is growing up and calming down a bit...:) We love you so much Jenika!! You have the perfect personality to fit our home and lives! We need you to keep us humble for sure!...:) God has made you a born leader and with proper guidance it will be powerful for his kingdom! Keep being that SPECIAL YOU!!
It's lovely Fall day here today!! Javon and I have a few road errands to do today... He wishes he had school everyday but I still so enjoy him on his days off!... Have a Blessed day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment