Infusion Day for Jordan...
It has been raining none stop today!! The perfect day for kitchen work! I love to be in the kitchen on days like today and this morning when Dave gave me a grin along with the question "Are you making pumpkin pies today?" I just couldn't resist. I like to send something home with Jordan's nurse every month to so she was delighted with the still warm pumpkin pie..:)
It was Gluten/food sensitivity/support group day here today. It was the best turn out yet and Linda was here which was great! She has lots of insight and lots of the questions were directed at her! She does want to try to be here most weeks so come and learn from her! The food served today was a hit. It was a normal Jordan style dish made in a big cast iron skillet. I grilled up onions, mushrooms, garlic a bit then added chopped up... broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cabbage. I added a bit of beef cubes, chicken and garbanzo beans after the veggies were sauteed a bit. Simple and delicious!
Jordan had made us a batch of cookies, these were a huge hit to! Thanks Jordan!
We discussed many challenges concerning food these days. We exchanged ideas and food swaps that work for each of us. It was interesting and very educational... One sight I like is this one....www.100daysofrealfood.com I just figured most people follow her since I follow her on Facebook. I have found her site very helpful on this food journey we are on!
Come join in sometime! The group was so much fun today!
A healthier food journey is one of our hopes that Jordan will one day not need these antibody treatments! His Doc says "only by a miracle" but we believe Jordan's body is healing through food and also by our great ultimate healer God!!! He was one sick boy without these treatments but he was also one sick boy on the average American diet!! The next step was drugs which can lead to who knows where??!!
Enjoy this rainy evening... We need to step out in it for a chiropractor appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment