Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's a Pizza!!

Dave and I are looking forward to a classy meal with family at Nelson and Martha tonight but I didn't forget about the kids here!! I told them this morning before they headed off to school that I will try to make a "Jordan Friendly" pizza! Who want pizza without cheese though?! I did add a bit of good cheese to this crust and it looks and smells amazing!! Jordan is in charge of putting on the toppings and he is loving every minute of it!..


 
 
The recipe...

Cauliflower Pizza Crust...

2 cups cauliflower, pulsed into tiny looking grain
2cups shredded provolone cheese
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 eggs beaten (I used duck)
1 tsp. basil or oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
pepper

Instructions...
 preheat oven to 450'. Take a head of cauliflower grain in a bowl that is safe  for microwave and cook four minutes. (also can cook it about five minutes and wring it real dry in a towel)
while to cauliflower cooks place the beaten eggs in a bowl with garlic herbs and salt mix then add cheese and mix again. Cool cauliflower a bit then add the egg mixture to it and spread on pizza pan. I used parchment paper. Form dough in circle and bake fifteen minutes.

Add toppings... It smells amazing in here right now!! Jordan just called to the kids and said the pizza is ready!!

I asked them how they liked it and they all gave it a thumbs up!! Bingo!! I will have fun with this because I saw different things you can do with this dough like bread sticks and calzones!

Just wish I could have a slice but I heard things like cedar plank Salmon and stuff on the menu for tonight!! I want to be really hungry! Martha makes the best cheesecakes to!! If we get lucky maybe we will get to taste one!!

I'm off to run since this mornings run was put off because of rain... It's still raining but I'm going anyway...:)

Today's Gluten/Food Sensitivity Group went well. It brought out three ladies on this rainy day and we all enjoyed learning and sharing together! Always worth opening my home for this!

 I got a new recipe for brownies... I will let Jordan try them out and post the recipe later...

No comments:

Post a Comment