She scrubbed the three upstairs bathrooms! If you know my mom you know she cleans and cleans it well! She opens windows and airs out every room no matter what time of the year! She scrubs the corners and is an expert at showers, tubs, and windows! It was just the motivation I needed on this dreary day! I cleaned the rest of the upstairs while she did the bathrooms!...:) Thanks Mom, You are the best!..:)
Rachel Ann had today off since she was here on Tuesday cleaning before we came home from Belize. This place was used as a "vacation home" while we were away and it was in need of a good cleaning. I could tell there was little kiddo's in the house again..:) My kids had a blast here while we were away and the party never ended!:) They would love it if we would go away again!...:) Thanks again Matthew and Roxy!!
We have Roxy's babies for the day and night... They are so adorable and I love how comfortable they are here! Angel and Sayily love Jordan and when he is around I don't hear much from them.
Dave headed off again so soon. It was a club meet up this time in Las Vegas! More education! He flew out early this morning and he will make it back just in time for church on Sunday...:) It was a bit to close to the Belize trip to go away again but it seems to be a busy month for Dave's educational trips. The time goes fast for us if it's only a few days...:)
Jordan is doing great these days and he is so enjoying his more expanded diet again! He is eating more normal foods again and doing so well on them! I made a baked oatmeal for Dave's shop breakfast and Jordan tried it after asking me if it is friendly for him. As he was taking his third bite I remembered I put honey in it for sweetener! He panicked and started trying to spit it out right away! This kid does not cheat! EVER! I told him to relax and just keep notice to see if he feels any different. He didn't and he had a bit more baked oatmeal today...! Here is the yummy recipe I used...
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal...
2 cups gluten free oats
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup almonds (I used pecans)
1 apple thinly sliced
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or your favorite milk) (I used rice)
1 egg
Add oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, almonds (chopped)
Place sliced apple at the bottom of oven dish and add half of the blueberries, sprinkle the oat mixture on top of the blueberries.
Add the honey, milk and egg to a bowl, whisk then pour it on top of the oat mixture. Soak the oats good then sprinkle remaining blueberries on top and bake 350' for forty five minutes. It was so good warm!
I'm thrilled to say we are all mostly eating Jordan style now! It has been going great this week! I came home from Belize more determined then ever to take the next step of this food journey . Jenika seems to have low blood sugar some mornings before she eats breakfast and it has me worried at times. I have cracked down on her eating habits. She is doing great most of the time! I told her I will get her new roller blades if she eats "Jordan type diet" from now until her birthday later this month...:) I'm not as strict of course but it has been going good.
I will share my breakfast from this morning with you in slow motion since I know it's unusual yet oh so yummy, healthy and fulfilling!! I still love breakfast the most!...:) I'm not hungry until late afternoons or early supper on these types of breakfast dishes!
Jordan's cast iron skillet started with coconut oil, mushrooms, asparagus and cabbage... grilled up just a bit.
After a minute or so add an egg or two and mix. (I like one egg and one egg white) Turn off heat and sprinkle it with cheese. (we use homemade white cheddar from a shop neighbor) Let cheese melt a bit as you prepare the bed of greens...
This bed includes... spinach, kale, colored greens, (a big pile of it but cut up small) sprouts, avocado and chia seeds...
The end result... Sprinkled with our favorite Marie Sharps! Fresh from Belize!...
Since starting the greens for breakfast I now find something just don't feel right if I don't get my greens to start the day! I think your body really does crave the good stuff once you feed it that long enough! I don't eat breakfast until later now since starting the warm water, lemon and vinegar mixture (upon rising in the morning) a few months ago. This took some getting used to but it goes okay now. I'm used to it and now if I skip this morning routine I feel dehydrated.
If you are trying a healthier food journey try to get creative with veggies! They go good in everything! Chop up cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower real small and keep it in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Throw it in everything you make. Even breakfast! It is amazing how yummy and fun it is to think and get outside of the box! We have so much handy food (or so called) these days that we forget how good we can make things with the simplest veggies and herbs! Food is medicine and oh so healing if we just give it the chance!
Have a BLESSED day!
No comments:
Post a Comment