Saturday, January 18, 2014

A FUN Friday Night With Family and Friends...

Our Saturday is going fast here today! We all slept a bit longer this morning after a fun late night out last night!

We had the Zook family Christmas party! It seemed a bit late to be celebrating Christmas but it was great to be together with the Zook family! This was the best mom could do with us getting together for Christmas! Yes the Zook family is a very busy bunch!! We missed you again this year Dave and Rose!!

This is the adorable new member in the Zook family... She made it to the first Zook Christmas party just in time!...:)

Baby Marissa Hope was born to Jonathan and Marilyn's family... She got so much attention last evening and had many willing arms around to hold her!!...:)


Javon was listening to his Aunt Leah tell him an African story, she was telling him how a Baboon took off with a whole bag of smarties Derek was holding!! She told him how the smartie candy powder puff was coming out of his mouth as he sat up in the tree opening the whole bag of smarties and eating them as fast as he could!! (no wonder he had powder flying!)

Javon asks me later..."Who is Derek?" I took him to the hutch where I have the picture of  Dave and Rose's family. I asked him who is this? As I pointed to each family member.??  He did not know a single name on that picture!! I couldn't belive it! He did not seem to remember his aunt Rose and her family!! I guess it has been long enough guys!! No worries though he carried the picture around for the rest of the day and even took it to bed with him,  he was pointing and saying all the names in order again...:) I think he will better remember Aunt Rose now...:)

Mom had an amazing meal set out for supper last night! Beef, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, carrots, salad and yummy desserts including pumpkin and pecan pies and Martha's famous "white chocolate raspberry cheesecake!! Yes I did taste a small piece and it was worth every bit of the calories!!

We sang many songs (only one Christmas one:)) and then exchanged gifts among the children. Here are Jenika and Javon with the gifts they received... Only phone pictures though since the camera got forgotten on the shelf here at home,  I had already came home for the forgotten salad when I remembered the camera! (Does this mean I'm getting old and forgetful or just have to much on  my mind??)
Horse painting and a horse blanket!! She will cherish these!!

Hot wheels and a hot rod car that lights up and makes noise!

We all gave Papa's a few battery lights...
Jackson thought it was cool to wear Faith Michelle's travel pillow gift on his head...:)


Jordan did great with not being able to eat ANY of the foods there last evening. I'm so proud of him!!
I had been in the kitchen most of the afternoon creating something special for him but it wasn't even close to as good looking as all the wonderful food mom had prepared! I made shrimp cake type things which took a few different steps off cooling, rolling and frying in coconut oil. It was good with the homemade salsa I had made to go with it but it still took sacrifice for Jordan! I also tried the mashed potato/cauliflower type thing which I thought was good right away but after setting to long it tasted like pureed cauliflower and there was no hiding the facts!


Last evening as the second round of food was coming out for snack I whispered a prayer for him again, he didn't eat anything at all which I'm sure was really hard! Hot chocolate and cookies, Maryanna's yummy corn and bean dip with corn chips all came out to enjoy!! I didn't eat any of this snack either and actually snuck out to another party with my girlfriends right then!!

Martha Rose had her house open for an all night crop and with five of my favorite girlfriends there all evening without me I could hardly hold myself anymore...:) I got to spend five hours of late night cropping all the while catching up on life with... Marlene, Lori, Mart, Linda and Ruthie!! It was great to see you all again ladies!! You are all very special to me!!

I got some of Javon's scrapbook done. It was fun to hangout but I see this cropping thing fading out for me. Basically I'm using up old books and pages and using up the stuff I have yet before moving on to "Blog Books".  I love to look back on my blog posts but there is still something about holding the book of memories in your hand so I'm looking into doing a book a year of my blog posts. I think this would be just as meaningful as the CM scrapbooks because I journal so much more along with the pictures. I will never regret all the scrapbooks I have done though!

I got home wee hours of the morning this morning with my family already tucked into bed...:) They were out until almost midnight and I came in a few hours later still wired from the girl friend party, I had a hard time falling asleep.

Dave and I headed out together for a run this morning. I got a five mile, Dave split off early because he had a meeting scheduled. We did the block together the other evening to and it was a "high five" when coming back in the driveway because the run was so hard! After taking to many days of a break and wearing layers in the cold, running was hard that night! It felt like the first time going three miles so we high fived in the end...:) This morning was better and with the beautiful blue sky and puffy white clouds I didn't mind the cold air so much. I felt like a runner again after all...:)

We are catching up here today on odds,  my cleaning did get done yesterday after only two days because my mom so kindly showed up to be my helper yesterday!! Thanks mom!! It was great to have my kitchen and powder room cleaned by mom again! She is a wonderful cleaner and I'm so thankful she taught me to appreciate a clean and tidy house!

I was on the road for a time this morning on a search for duck eggs! I'm finding I will need to look into an "Egg Replacer" because these duck eggs are hard to find! The place I get them only has a few a week for me in this time of slow winter laying season. (I'm thankful for these few!) I stopped at a few places today where I knew they had ducks,  they wanted to sell me the ducks but they don't lay any eggs... I don't want ducks but for sure not if they don't lay any eggs! I can get them online but they seem to be very costly, like maybe people buy them online to then hatch them out? I like my fish pond to good to hand it over to messy ducks but who knows maybe someday I'll have ducks out there to!??

Justin is with his dad at the shop, Jordan is doing homework with Ashley, Jenika and Martina are at the barn, this leaves Javon and I alone in the house. He does not appreciate the cold at all and would much rather stay indoors then walk to the barn! We are both anticipating Spring but the sun is shining and we will enjoy the coziness of the house for now, with the sun beaming in the windows so perfectly why would we complain!!??...:) The full moon is perfect these days to!! A "Full Moon Run" took place last evening again. It would be great to run ten miles in the light of the full moon again but I sure wouldn't have wanted to miss last nights fun for a ten mile run!!...:)

Enjoy your Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment