I puffed out a two mile run this morning before Sunday School. I wish it wouldn't take such a short amount of time of no running to get so out of shape!...;{ It did feel great to get out again though!
It just does not seem right without Dave here and we so miss him on week ends and especially when we go to church! The boys are getting antsy and are in need of a change. It felt great to be back in church today!
The subject came up in class today about how "Gluttony" is so easily pushed under the rug and not recognized for the "sin" that it is. Our community is great when it comes to food! We even have Pinterest for any most amazing idea out there!? We rarely have a party or even a small gathering without some sort of snack. One of the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah was this very thing of overeating. After spending a few weeks out of the country I kind of saw things through new eyes when we got home to America, so when this subject came up today I just had to research it a bit more this afternoon.
Do I really need that coffee that bad??!! After craving it in Belize often yet rarely finding it and when I did find it it just wasn't that great, it kind of made me feel ridiculous that I thought I "had" to have it. I think I will put my coffee machine away for a bit just to see if it's really an addiction? I hate when I feel like I "have" to have something! It makes me even more determined to do without it. Coffee and chocolate are so common here we don't realize how much we depend on it until we don't have it anymore! We even have this thing called a "chocolate spa party" now!
I'm sorry, I have nothing against coffee and chocolate spa parties...:) but I just came from a third world country and I will need to readjust again. It just seems we Americans do more catering to ourselves then anything (guilty as anybody!) I want to readjust my lifestyle a bit and the subject today had me thinking about how we can accuse those that smoke/drink/drugs of doing a major sin yet we just always have food at our fingertips and eat whenever we please or don't know when to stop and we really don't see it as an addiction, or the sin that it can be when overdone.
Google "Glutton" if you want to do some research to. It's really interesting and an eye opener to.
Jordan is doing well with his new antibody meds he got yesterday so we are geared to start his cleanse tomorrow! The pills and powders have a place on the counter where they will be until they are gone in hopefully three months!...
I made some tapioca pudding that he can sprinkle with stevia for his dessert. I have beans in the crock pot with chopped onions, cumin and salt for refried beans. It seems many of his things are dry due to no cheese or sauce so since he loved the refried beans in Belize I figured that would make a great moisture something for his wraps and dishes. He can also have corn chips so they might make a great dip to!
The fruit and baked goods will go on hold and we are praying for strength for him, and for me as I prepare his food! I really want to join him in a sense. I won't be watching every little ingredient for myself all the time but I really want to join him on the breads and sweets so he has somebody to relate to him! This will be hard because we love our sugar! I think this is another reason I want to put the k-cup away. I'm the only one in the house to drink coffee anyway and when I do it often goes along with something sweet, maybe putting the coffee aside will help with the sweet cravings...:}I just don't think it's fair that he has to make such great a sacrifice and the rest of us just go along as normal... We all plan to help him the best that we can... Prayers appreciated!
Have a great Sunday night. I'm off to help the Little's put puzzle together...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment