The snow is here!! It is beautiful!! I'm trying to be loving every minute of it, even if the cold and snowy days can tend to make me grumpy. I'm still smiling...:) I like the beauty of the snow when looking outside but as soon as I step outside in it I'm right back in. I'm not a cold weather type of person at all!! I was secretly hoping Spring would come right after we came back from Belize!
I knew this storm was coming though so I had some time to prepare my mind.:) I quickly got in a five mile run in last evening because I figure it might be a few days before I get another outdoor run! The temps are looking to be single digits again the next days!
This morning when the call came in that school was canceled for the day I was not surprised. I was slower with the bedtime routine last evening keeping the thought in mind "school will most likely be canceled anyway"...:)
After getting the phone call I snuggled back into bed with my book for a bit yet...:) Slowly each of the kids came sneaking to my bedside asking me why we are not getting ready for school??? Since the snow had not started yet it did feel a bit strange at the moment but it didn't go long before the flakes started to come down and the reason to cancel school was obvious...:)
The Little's are in and out today, from the house to the snowy yard they went over and over this morning already. The clothes rack is back out over the heat vents for drying the clothes. I taught them how to hang up the clothes properly after coming in wet and cold so they can dry nicely before they are ready to bundle up again for the next outdoor fun adventure.
Hot chocolate, cookies and popcorn were being enjoyed even so soon after breakfast to! I figure why not? Not to many days like this one with a no school day and the beautiful snow just coming down all morning, it makes for a perfect hot chocolate kind of day!!...
The big boys went with their "Adventurous" father goose hunting this afternoon! Never a day that this guy gets snowed in with us here at the house! EVER!! He is action packed and has to be out in it doing something every time, the roads are a mess but he never stays off of them because of the snow! The boys got really bundled up and I'm hoping they stay warm, the day seems to be getting colder! Maybe they will come home with goose for supper!??
The sunrise was so beautiful yesterday morning I just had to snap a picture from my kitchen window!!... It was warmer to with temps in the forty's...:) I think God was telling me to enjoy it while it lasts and I sure did!!...:)
I had a fun lunch out with my "beach" church lady friends yesterday. It made us think "beach" since we group of ladies are normally not together much other then the once a summer beach trip. It was great to catch up with this fun group of ladies again! Thanks Rachel Ann for having Javon!!
Today is laundry catch up, baking in the kitchen, enjoying the kids and the snow type of day... We are feeling blessed to have a warm house to be in as we watch the snow fall!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bit of an update on Jordan...
I'm sorry if you try to talk to me about Jordan and his food sensitivities and I change the subject! It seems no matter where I go I can be talking about it and at times I just want to forget and be "normal" again. It is on my heart though so I don't mind talking about it, I just sometimes burn out...:)
I am happy to help others with ideas and also get food ideas from those going through the same or a similar type of thing, at times it seems Jordan has it much worse then many others do, we have to baby step through the days one meal at a time on most days!. This will get better with time as we reintroduce some foods back to him later.
Ideas that people give me, many times don't work for Jordan. He has so many foods on the "can't have" list that it feels even unreasonable to work with at times! Cookbooks are great and I'm glad for them but I really have to cut out so much from the recipe that I end up wondering if it's even worth following a recipe at all...?
It is going better these days though and Jordan is now able to help along and even get his own food ready at times, this takes a load off of me since he was always asking me what he can have. He grills his meats and knows his boundaries way better now, this is making the process easier.
He has not had headaches the past few days and his cleanse is going great as far as we can tell. I'm not sure if he lost weight. I should have weighed him when we started but I'm thinking he must have lost some for sure.
The meal time process goes much better if I keep food here that Jordan can have. We have a shelf in the refrigerator that has his name on it, this is where he finds things that I put there for him. I try to mark his things like "Jordan's salsa" or anything else that looks close to our "normal" food I mark it in there just for him.
Javon and I headed to Wegman's after the lunch outing yesterday. These trips can be so time consuming but so worth it! I always find great creative stuff to work with. I figured with the snow coming today I better get some Jordan friendly foods on hand for the next days. Somebody told me I can get a type of "egg replacer" at Wegman's to, after asking three different employees where it is, we finally located it! It's a powder type and can be added to mixes and things in place of eggs.
I'm having a hard time finding duck eggs. After a search on Saturday that came up empty I found that by nature ducks do not lay eggs in the winter time, nobody has them right now. I'm beat out because when we do have some we can really make a good, more "normal" breakfast for Jordan. Right now his breakfast is some type of meat, tofu, onions, (grilled in coconut oil) then I drop it on top of greens with refried beans or olive oil. He is brave.
He does eat this unusual looking breakfast when I set it in front of him. I'm proud of him for this! I normally eat the same thing with him but I add an egg, avocado and tomatoes to my dish yet, I can also add "Marie Sharps Hot Sauce" to mine which adds so much to. This is a normal breakfast for me anyway, that's why I keep saying "I wish it were me instead of him!".
Over all it's going fine, I think the longer it goes the easier it will become. It's already habit for Jordan to check labels and ask me if he is uncertain about something. He does not snack but he does freeze his lemon water with a bit of stevia in the Popsicle things, after a meal he often pulls one from the freezer and sucks on it...:) He juices many many lemons in a week!!!
Many foods are ending up in my pantry and refrigerator that catch me off guard. Like this just does not seem right to have this type of food in here replacing all our "normal" stuff. I'm thankful though that we have the option to buy "Jordan friendly" foods. Meats are a favorite for him. The grill is going even in the winter season here!! Turkey, chicken, pork chops, turkey sausage are all being grilled and the grill is running at least once a day daily!...:)
I give him some rice but with it being a starch I still try to limit this. Rice milk, rice pasta, rice flours, brown or white rice have become a normal but that sounds like a lot of rice to me!!?? We add lots of greens and I'm so thankful he has always liked his greens! His plate is almost always scraped clean and his school lunch rarely has a bite left in it! I did add some salted celery sticks the other day that came back home. He said "Mom, I figured okay I'm going to give these a good try here, but it was just so nasty that I had to go spit it in the waste basket!" I even gave him the center tender pieces of the celery bunch so I guess he does not like celery at all!!
I want to add some juicing to his morning routine soon. When his body adjusts a bit more to this change I want to slowly start to introduce green juices to him. It will be harder to make them good with not having the carrot or fruits to add for sweetness but I will try ginger, mint and a few other things to see if we can find one that's drinkable for him...:) The longer he goes without any type of sugar I feel the easier this will be.
Thanks to those of you praying for Jordan!! We are praying for others with food sensitivities because we know now how trying this can really be... It will be worth it in the long run so hang in there if you are going through something like Jordan is! We feel our Chiropractor and the food test he ordered was a God given gift, being able to work with the food sensitivities is now so much easier and can give the healing process a start.
My Little's just came in with a big "black bird" that flew right into a window and knocked itself out! Jenika has it wrapped up in my Norwex face cloth she must have found in the laundry basket!! I'm thinking this BLACK BIRD will come to any minute and be flying about inside the house! I'm off to supervise this...:)
Enjoy the SNOWY day God has given to us today... Stay warm as the temps drop low!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment