The snow is again coming down so beautifully off and on here today. It is still freezing cold and the big boys are so enjoying the ice skating fun down on Amy's pond! They are down there for awhile most evenings and they come back half froze to the core!
We had some guests last evening. Dave planned an Aquire party with a few guys and they brought their families for a fun late night of "Aquire" I made soup and soft pretzels for snack and Dave and the kiddos had chocolate covered some peanut butter crackers to go with the coffee for dessert. It was a really late night party!! I think it was almost two AM when my head hit the pillow!...
Jenika had already fallen asleep before the guests went home so when she awoke during the night and realized she was still on top of the covers, covered with a blanket and that I had not really tucked her in properly she came to my bedside asking if I'd tuck her in bed now?! ~Sure I'd love to Honey~ Soon after I was asleep again Javon came to my bedside with dreams he was dealing with, something about a puzzle he could not put together! (something to do with putting puzzles together with his friends just before his head hit the pillow!) I tucked him back in telling him I will help him with his puzzle in the morning! I drug myself back to my bed again feeling like I wasn't going to get any sleep before the daylight came! We did all sleep a bit longer this morning then but an earlier bed will still be necessary tonight I can tell.
Jordan made some new friends last evening, Curvin Horning's have four boys and he had three of them at the pond skating with him and Justin for awhile. They had some four wheeler sledding time going on to.!
Curvin Horning family it was good to meet you finally...:) Dave talks so much about his Real Estate buddy Curvin, he even made the trip to Belize with him last October, it was the first that I had met him and his family. Jonathan's and Mike's joined the fun to...:)
Jordan said to me last evening... "today was a hard day mom" I had to turn down donuts with the school class three times!!
Someone treated the whole school to donuts and chocolate milk yesterday before noon. Then four of us "hot lunch moms" served an African meal to the whole school for the "missions week" meal, (I had packed Jordan a lunch) After lunch his class went sledding to Barb's house, there they were again served donuts and hot chocolate! (He said he ate snow!) They come back to school after sledding a few hours and guess what?? They have a birthday treat there! One of the class boys with a birthday brought... yup you guessed it!! DONUTS! Makes me cringe to think how the other students in his class must have felt like until the school day was over!
After school the kids then waited on the porch for me to pick them up (my van broke down... I was late) they were offered fresh cookies there as they waited!!! Then last evening I make soft pretzels!! Jordan's favorite! I told him I was proud of him and if he was able to be so strong today I know he will do just fine the whole way through this!! I had made him a yummy fish and shrimp dish for his supper, while we were having soup and soft pretzels he was off doing something else.
Jordan had me laughing so hard in the kitchen today!! He wanted to try to make this stuff...
We used Stevia for the sweetener, coconut oil in place of margarine, duck eggs and then rice milk! It was going okay as he was reading and following his directions...
All of the sudden as he was whisking the first ingredients together... he was like "This is a joke!" He had something way different pictured I think and it was hilarious to watch him as he tried to make the best of this situation!!... We laughed and laughed to tears together on this!! You have to remember Jordan has always loved and helped me in the kitchen! Baking was something he had become really good at!...:) He looked at this pizzly stuff he was whipping together and kind of smirked at me like "why did I think this would work or even be at all good?"
The end result was like an egg custard type thing. I thought it would be better with a bit more sweetener but he didn't eat to much of it, I'm not sure if he liked it or not?! It will probably get eatin by me...:)
This was my snowy cold Saturday morning six mile run this morning after I drug myself out of bed!...
We had gym membership the past few winters, I so don't miss the gym this winter yet! It's a mind game for me and running in the cold! It was so cold and even snowing towards the end of my run today but by that point I had shedded some of my layers and was sweating, the snow fall was just adding beauty to my already beautiful outdoor surroundings...
Running days like these make Dave and I more thankful for the perfect running conditions that come more in the spring and fall months! The going is slower on days like today with the snowy patches and the layers of clothes to keep warmer but once I'm out it's all good and worth it in the end...:)
Do we have more snow on the way!?? I keep hearing about different snow storms coming our way! This has been a brutal winter here so far! We are okay with it, it's so beautiful and the freezing temps at least let the kids enjoy some ice skating time, but we are hoping to be done with the "no school snow days" since that will now bump us into our summer vacation days that we are so ready for by the time June rolls around!...
This is so Jenika style... I saw this thing sitting here in the hallway as I came upstairs... I had my camera in hand anyway so I just had to snap this picture...
Her American girl doll lays half dressed and ignored while her teddy's wear her clothes!! She even had him all bundled and along outdoors today! She begs to give him a haircut!! Oh My!! #loveher!
Have a Blessed SNOWY week-end...


.jpg)

That is too too funny! Can I try it?��
ReplyDelete