We made it back last evening. The house feels huge today after spending so much time in much smaller areas the past weeks!
I do not know how it happened but I had posted earlier today and came back to find it lost!!?? I will do another short post here tonight. The Little's are asleep and the big boys are skating on Amy's pond! From the beach to skating in a day!...:)
I could not keep this guy indoors today either! He loved it that he could walk on the fish pond and he played a long time in the few snow piles we still have out front!...
The kids jumped right up for school this morning and this afternoon they all said it felt so good to be back! The weather warmed up just in time and the day was sunny and lovely here! I again filled the bird feeders and I'm hoping my birds return soon...
The mice had hay day in my kitchen while we were away! They ate a whole box of bait and even started eating the box yet! The trap was wiped clean and I guess it never went off! I set a trap last night and soon after I was upstairs I heard it snap! I checked this morning and it had went off but the mouse must have gotten away! I have my work cut out I guess!...:{
The plane ride went smoothly. The boys had a seat where they could see each other (like four seats apart) The the Little's and I were back a ways. A lady moved for me since my seat was back from them a bit. They did great on the ride home considering they were looking forward to a movie to watch like they did on the plane to Mexico but the TVs were not working so they just entertained each other the whole way home! I got compliments from people around me about how well behaved they were! I overheard Jenika say one time when they started to squabble about something "Now Vonnie I told you we were going to behave on this trip!" I just grinned to myself as she straighted him out!:) LOVE THEM!
We stopped for groceries on the way home last evening. I walked into the grocery store and tears came to my eyes as I paused and looked around for a bit! We are so BLESSED here! The grocery stores I was in the past weeks were nothing like the one I was standing in! We have so many bad foods on our store shelves but we at least have options! The snacks in Mexico and Belize just had a stale taste to them. If there is anything that Belize does not specialize in it's dessert! We loved the key lime pie but at times we needed chocolate! (after all we are Zooks!) We got candy bars at times but they had a stale taste to them. My guys didn't seem to notice but I thought they tasted stale. Even that was good though after not having dessert for awhile...:)
Last evening while driving home the kids commented on the nice roads and buildings here! We saw tons of dirt roads with TONS of HUGE potholes and so many hut type houses!! Just to see such a cleaned up Country here made me feel a bit spoiled. I told the kids that our country would probably look like the ones we had just come from if we lived within our means more! Maybe we wouldn't be in such a financial crisis if we lived more within our means. But here today I am especially thankful for this laundry room that was going nonstop all day long!!!~...
My laundry room was my biggest BLESSING today! After ten years at the old house with a teeny tiny laundry room, my laundry room here in the new house was one of my favorite rooms from the start! After this trip I have a whole new appreciation for this room!! I washed every single piece of clothing that came out of the suitcases! It seems the salty air made everything sticky and the dirty was getting mixed in with the clean towards the end! Dave's stuff got washed and repacked in Belize. He will be in California until Tuesday.
We are thankful for lots of "Hot Water"!! Another thing I won't take for granted right away again!
Javon and I made our rounds today. We saw Marilyn and Micah, we stopped to see Rachel Ann and baby Ava! She is as adorable as ever! I did a dirty diaper change while I was there and I seriously lost my touch! The poor girl had it all over herself and all over her changing pad to! So sorry baby Ava, Aunt Suz needs more practice I guess...:)
This was my Belizian breakfast this morning after taking the kids to school...
I made "Rice and Beans" early this morning for Jordan's lunch so I added an egg to some of them and stuffed it inside warmed corn tortillas, drizzled with "Marie Sharps" sweet hot sauce! So yummy!
This evening the Little's and I spent half an hour with mom and Mummy Beiler, half an hour with Kath and her family, half an hour with Dave's mom and it felt so good to catch up again!
We are back to reality. Jordan needs prayers again. We are working on an insurance plan that changed for him on Jan 1st. We thought we had ironed out all the details before heading out of the Country, we had set up shipment and everything, but now we have things to work out AGAIN! His infusion is due next week and his shipment was supposed to arrive today! This might be awhile since they want to change his IG's! We have to okay this with his Doctor at CHOP first and it all sounds so complicated to me!! He needs his antibodies now I can tell! He is snotting the past days and his eyes are red again.
We want to start Jordan's cleanse on Monday but I need to get prepared with recipes and get the proper foods first! I hope to do some of that research tomorrow.
We are so happy to be home again! It feels so right and the things we take for granted everyday have a new meaning to us! It was so good for the kids to see other countries! The adventure was worth it for sure. We did say though that we will probably not do a trip like this again. It was so much moving around, yet it was a great experience and the kids were great ages for this! They were so patient so many times!...:)
I'm a new aunt!! Congratulations to Jonathan and Marilyn on a new baby girl!! Marissa Hope was born around six thirty this morning! She is darling and so tiny! After seeing baby Ava and how she grew baby Marissa looked so tiny! Then I saw baby Alan this evening and he is so darling!! He grew so much to!! He just smiled and smiled at me and buried his little head into my shoulder! I could just squeeze him!!...:)
We are thinking of you Jonas and Leah as you come back from Africa today!! I can't wait to hear about your time with Dave and Rose!! I'm looking forward to catching up next week!!
Dave and Rose it was great to hear some of how your Christmas went! We so enjoy every email from Africa!! You sound so busy blessing others!! We miss you to!! Blessing from our family to yours!
I'm so tired so I'm off for some rest! The mornings are gloomier here then what I was used to so they seem to come around faster and getting out of bed just isn't as easy here as it was on our trip... Might have something to do with the much cosier soft bed and pillows even though God provided and we were blessed on the trip to!...:) Just nothing like HOME!...
Good night...Blessings...



No comments:
Post a Comment