Monday, January 27, 2014
"Being Real"
Anybody that lives in my area must have noticed the beautiful sunset in the sky this evening!!?? It had me pausing at the windows for a bit admiring the handiwork of yet another beautiful evening sunset created by our Maker! I think it brought with it another major COLD freeze!! The temps are again around 5 degrees tonight!!
Our week-end was rewarding. We had Sunday School yesterday, the morning devotions we had are still being meditated upon today. The topic was on "Carrying The Cross" Do we really know what it means to "pick up our cross" and follow Jesus?? Are we to comfortable in the life styles we live here today??
The disciples left an example for us to follow, they suffered much for the name of Jesus! Do we suffer for our Savior?? One way we can suffer is the "reaping and sowing" that takes place in our lives. The choices that we make along life's journey have an impact on our future and the generation to come behind us. It might appear that we are getting away with some secret sin or even when we choose to ignore some sort of conviction that God has laid on our hearts it can become a sin, in the end it comes back to us in some way or another. God knows every detail of our hearts and lives. He wants us to "Be Real" "Be Honest" and give him our all EVERYDAY! Do We??
Sunday we were then invited to host lunch! Yay for me!! I had my guys asking for mashed potatoes to go with the leftover goose meat and I was so not into making mashed potatoes on a Sunday afternoon...:) Thanks Kathryn for the invite!! I told her I think God told her I was secretly praying for a lunch invitation so I won't need to make mashed potatoes...:)
Justin had a few friends over for a fun afternoon of sledding behind the four wheeler! They had hot chocolate and cookies before we headed off to church again for an evening service of singing and worship with the Faith High School Choir.
This morning was our "Ladies Bible Study" at church. I'm so enjoying this series of DVD's on the life of David. "Seeking A Heart Like His" Some days the homework comes easy for me and other days the distractions are many, it's those days that I have to think about what is more rewarding... My everyday duties that I've gotten accomplished? Or a messy house with it's unfinished duties with the rewards of the time spent in God's word? This study really digs deep into "where are my priorities?" It has been so good and stretching for me so far...
I had a coffee date with a dear friend after lunch today. My Cousin Linda and I go way back to childhood days and I love those deep friendships that no matter what you both go through in life or how often we get together we can just always pick up right where we left off and "Be Real" with each other as we catch up on life and share our hearts as encouragement to each other!! Thanks Linda for today! Love You...:)
This evening Jordan has went to Bible School with Jonathan's at their church. He goes along with them to this Bible School every year and enjoys it so much! His cleanse is in the third week now and going better all the time. We figured out he has lost about eight pounds in two weeks of this journey! He feels better and we are excited... I got creative with his lunch today... Raddicoa lettuce (a small tender, tight, purple head of lettuce) was what he used to wrap up the mixture of pork chop, roasted tomatoes, onions, spinach green mixture, avocado. He also wrapped a duck egg in a piece of this lettuce for breakfast and he liked it!...:) The "No Sweets" is going better even though he keeps checking the cookbooks for something he could bake...?
I was not far from "Miller's Health Foods" today for my coffee date so I swung by to check out Miller's. I kept hearing from other people about how friendly this store is for people with food allergies, I was impressed, I found many of the same foods items that Wegman's carries. Wegman's has way more selection but Miller's also had a few items that I had never seen before.
I love how Jordan is now realizing that this change of diet makes him feel so much better. It makes it easier for him to cut out the yummy foods if he sees how the end result makes him feel so much healthier. I love how he can now help me along and we work together to get creative in trying to make the food taste as good as possible with the limited list of "Can Haves" We have challenges but it's going better and we are feeling so BLESSED...
I WANT TO "BE REAL" I WANT TO "CARRY MY CROSS" LET US ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER ON LIFES JOURNEY...
BE BLESSED...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
I did notice the sunset and wished for my camera! (We were on the road) very beautiful!
ReplyDelete