Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Bit More Jumpy...

Today in Belize we had sunshine with a few clouds and perfect temps when the sun shone but a bite to the air when the sun disappeared behind the clouds.

Dave is away so we had no one to wake us up for our six thirty run, Jordan and I slept until eight! We still ran but it was later until our day started but it was a Saturday and the extra sleep felt so amazing! Dave is always the one pushing us out the door in the mornings so Jordan and I might be a bit off schedule with our morning runs this week...:) (we are secretly looking forward to it...:})

Jordan just thrives here in this climate!!... He is the very one that is not ready to think about coming home yet!


 He is an outdoors man at heart and it never ceases to amaze me. Today he found a lizard that seemed tame. He held onto it for hours! It was on his shoulder as he walked around at the beach! He took Blake and Dane back to the back woods croc heaven to show them his new outdoor adventure place! I told him to keep that golf cart moving and get back really quick!

Justin and I were the only ones here after breakfast this morning since the other three went fishing at Steve's. I needed to clean the house, do dishes and catch up laundry but since we only have short stay left here and Justin needed to get his bike tire fixed anyway I told him we'd drop his bike to get fixed and while they were fixing it we'd sneak to Coconut Cafe for a coffee and a piece of pie! (they have the best coconut pineapple pie! Key Lime is amazing here to!)

We shared the pie and the cup of coffee before picking up his bike again. It was fun to sneak out for pie with Justin...:)  I told the waitress proudly that this is my oldest son and she told me "you are a pretty momma"...:) That was a great way to start my day!... I Love you Justin! I love doing life with you in the stage you are in! It was well worth dropping the messy house for!! That pie though! So YUMMY!!

Dave is away and I'm a bit more jumpy. My kids have gotten so comfortable here and they aren't sure what got into me as I checked on them more often at the beach today.

Tonight I realized Javon was not around and nobody had seen him in awhile. I took off for the Bean and sure enough he was there (drinking a frappe! My kids get treated to good at the Bean!) like he always is... but my heart just skipped a bit faster this time.

I went looking for Jordan today after he left the beach on his bike with intentions to show his friends the back woods! He wasn't around and I was nervous and about to call Steve when he came biking in.

Tonight the big boys left on bikes just before dark and I got loud about them not going far and coming right back!

Justin just got out of the shower a bit ago and he was dressed like he was going away! "I said, you aren't going out are you!!??" Thankfully he said no he is staying here!

It just makes me feel a bit uneasy being here without Dave. My biggest fear is that someone would go missing or get hurt when I'm here alone and here there is no 911 to call. If you live in the states don't ever take this for granted because I didn't appreciate this enough before. It's amazing how comforting it is to know you can have emergency help within minutes if something does happen! Plus an AMAZING COMMUNITY !! FAMILY!! FRIENDS!! I'm not living in fear here by all means and I'm totally comfortable but I'm just a bit more jumpy. I think its okay. I'm praying for a fun filled, beautiful weather, safe and happy week while Dave soaks up his education on the Summit! We will be thrilled when he lands back here in San Pedro again next week!!

 We are planning a few extra fun stuff like maybe eating at the Lone Star! I told the kids if we eat here at the house all weekend and don't spend extra money at the Truck Stop tomorrow we can go out for a nice dinner next week some night and they can't wait! We haven't taken them out to eat here much at all!!

We are also planning a movie night with Steve and Jill's family one night. Sleepovers are being planned to because we are leaving soon and the kids want to spend as much time with Belize family as possible!...:)

Money gets away like water here! I find it really hard to go a day without spending money! It's so different then at home and even most of the locals buy more prepared food then they actually cook. I get bread and eggs and breakfast meat often! I get veggies often. I cook lots and love it but it takes groceries to cook.

 The kids so enjoy the fresh fruit pops from a local back road store and I don't mind when they eat these so we often stop there. Nothing is bought in bulk here either so it just seems like we are always out of something...:) Justin made the comment the other day "since we crossed salsa off the list we should probably put toilet paper on! One thing at a time works I guess!" His comment made me laugh because that is about how it is here!...:)

We are tired from a day of sun. I'm thankful that we are all inside and ready to call it a day. I'm thankful for a husband that works hard, loves to learn and gets me out of my comfort zone because that brought us here but I'm also  going to be so happy to have him here with us again!

I'm thankful for Justin and the way he steps up to the plate when his dad leaves! He helps me with the little ones and he even gets bossy with them when they act up...:) He tells me not to worry about anything even though I still do more then I should...:) Another country with my four kids and no husband would not have been in my vocabulary just a few years ago but here I am and I'm comfortable even if I'm a bit more jumpy...:) There are many many great people here on site that would be right at my side should I need anything at all and our God is here with us just like he would be if we were at home in the states.

Tomorrow we have a fellowship lunch at church and I'm sad that Dave will miss it but we will still go. Jordan gets his infusion in the morning to. After breakfast this time. Last week he acted faint as soon as I had the needles in and I'm a wreck when this happens! We know he needs to eat and be hydrated before we do infusion and last week he didn't drink and only a ate a dried piece of toast! Tomorrow I will have him gulping down the liquids and eating a hearty breakfast before a single needle goes in!...:)

We got more walls going up today... A keeping suite lot that will be used for retail... It is all happening so fast!


Good-Night and Blessings from Belize tonight...

Ps. I'm stunned at the images I'm seeing online about the tornado damage and how everyone is binding together to rebuild and just get er done so fast!! Food just shows up at the fire hall to feed the hungry workers!! Justin showed me a picture of  the one damaged site this morning with the work trucks just lined up! The work ethic is so AMAZING in our community and I'm proud to be a part of it! Thank you for doing your part and thank you for joining in prayer to because the prayer behind it is the reason it is what it is!...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those buildings are up already? I'd love to stay and watch all the progress. I so easily fell in love with the island, not only the beautiful resorts and great food, etc, but i love the culture and being right in the middle of it. I could've sat along the beach or along the street for hours and simply watched and observed people. A truly fascinating and beautiful destination that i hope to visit often!

    Thanks to you and Dave for helping to make our stay effortless and comfortable. We had not a worry in the world for a few days and really appreciated the tour and good conversation. The entire MBV project is amazing! I look forward to the next few years of growth and building.

    Have a good week ~ You're strong and courageous, something to be proud of! Blessings to you from the Nissleys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys I would love to come hang out with yous today. Smoky not around until later, and the rest of the Dienner family not around.I so miss you kiddos! Looking forward to you coming home soon. Beautiful day here! And a little warmer..have a good week without Daddy..we have so much to catch up on..love to you all, Aunt Kath. ( p.s.) stay closer to mama this week guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To our grands yea stay closer to momma for sure so mamma not have to go lookn for you javon who paid your drink?😜good job stepn up justin n yea kath agree with u

    ReplyDelete